Infiltration

In Edenia, Raiden was speaking with Sindel, Jade and Kitana. Once Sindel relayed everything Riekhan told them to Raiden, the thunder god was shocked to hear Kronika's plan. But with the whereabouts of the crown, he knew this was their chance to strike. He summoned his lightning and teleported away back to Earthrealm to discuss with Fujin and the earthrealm forces.

Once he was gone, Sindel turned to Jade and Kitana and asked, "Where is Riekhan?"

"He said he was going out for some air." Jade answered as Kitana added on, "But that was almost an hour ago."

"Is he on the roof like usual?" Sindel asked as neither had a sure-fire answer.

"Don't worry, I'm right here." Riekhan said as he walked into the great hall and he wasn't alone. With him, was Ermac, and Riekhan explained, "I was out getting Ermac to help us in anyway he can."

"That's good. This actually makes this all the better." Sindel said as she then explained, "We need to find any information we can on Shao Kahn and his alliance with Kronika."

"What about finding the crown?" Riekhan asked as Sindel answered, "Lord Raiden has assured me that his earthrealm forces will retrieve it before long. On our end, we need to focus on halting Shao Kahn and his army."

"I see. Why not send Jade and I into Outworld?" Kitana asked as Jade agreed and said, "We know our way around the realm better than most and can stay discreet while gathering information on Shao Kahn's army."

"Very well. But you two won't be going alone. Ermac will accompany you." Sindel said as Riekhan asked, "What about me?"

"You'll stay here in Edenia with me, Riekhan. We can't leave the realm undefended incase another attack happens." Sindel said as Riekhan refuted, "Shao Kahn wouldn't be stupid enough to attack twice in the same day! And even if he was, you could just call Earthrealm for aid."

"Edenia cannot run to Earthrealm for help every time it has a problem, Riekhan. The realm must stand on its own two feet in these situations." Sindel said as Riekhan wanted to rebuttal once again, but Kitana stopped him.

"Mother is right, Riekhan." Kitana said as she assured Sindel and Riekhan, "Don't worry, I assure you both we will return successful."

Riekhan gave a defeated sigh and said, "Fine."

Sindel gave a portal stone to the group, and the trio left for Outworld. Once they went through the portal, they appeared in a desert in Outworld. Ermac took a look around and pointed to something in the distance and told the other two, "We can feel many energies there. It's the tarkatan war camp."

"The Tarkatans? Perhaps capturing Baraka and questioning him on Shao Kahn's whereabouts could work." Jade suggested as an interrogation on someone within Shao Kahn's court could go a long way in gathering the info they needed.

"What you propose is risky, Jade." Kitana said to the general as Jade replied, "Even so, both of us at our roots are ninjas. Sneaking around without being seen or detected is one of our greatest skills. Not to mention, Ermac is capable of holding off many tarkatans with ease should they manage to find us."

"Jade is correct. Going to the war-camp and capturing Baraka to interrogate him for any information he has, will serve us well in our mission." Ermac said.

Jade told Kitana, "It's up to you, princess. You lead us. If you have second thoughts on this plan or don't agree with it, we will follow your lead."

Kitana thought on the idea briefly but eventually agreed to the idea of infiltrating the camp to capture Baraka. With that, Ermac picked up Jade and Kitana with his telekinesis and the trio levitated close to the war camp. Once they were close enough, the trio snuck in on foot.