𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒖𝒅𝒆...

𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑.
HWARANG

❛ here's your sorrow; and here's my shoulder ❜

and here's my shoulder ❜

For so long as he knew her, the young king had lived by her words. At first, she was just a strange little girl who fell from the sky ━━ materialized at the edge of the front yard of the house Pa-oh had brought for them, unconscious and with not a scar on her body ━━ someone who he decided to help until she can get back to her feet and have Pa-oh return her safely to her guardians.

But when she finally regained consciousness three weeks later, she proved to be anything but what he expected. For a girl who had appeared out of nowhere with no memory, Jung Mi-ra continuously surprised him, a trend that persisted to this day. Perhaps it would endure until they would be both gone and in the ground, leaving nothing but a page in the history book.

She's a strange thing, Pa-oh always grumbled those first few days, his initial reluctance gradually giving way to begrudging acceptance of her presence and assistance around the house in return for a roof over her head.

And she indeed is.

You could see it in her gait, how she carried herself without the lumbering skip but with a grace beyond her years, and in the way she articulated thoughts and ideas that sounded otherworldly, particularly when they emanated from the mouth of a child.

Yet, perhaps it was precisely these eccentricities that made her who she was. She was this constant source of intrigue and wonder, a walking paradox whose every word and action seemed to defy easy explanation.

But in her, the young king had found a confidante, a mentor, and a friend, and he cherished every moment of their time together. In her, he found a unique blend of wisdom and whimsy. She was both a sage and a child, a person who saw the world through the lens of someone much older and wiser while still retaining the innocent curiosity of youth.

A child cannot hate the parent, without the parent hating the child first, little lord, she had said once when she still thought him a son of a unknown lord, sent to exile for being born under an unfortunate star and he had asked if someone could resent their own parents. She had always been like that, had always possessed a penchant for pretty words, and even prettier tales that had a way of transporting him to other realms, making him forget the burdens of his heart, if only for a moment.

All those seemingly thoughtless remarks often felt like the precise responses to questions he had never voiced, yet entirely unsatisfying, all the same. For her answers gave life to more questions that he had never considered until that moment, questions he had never thought to ask or ponder.

Unsurprisingly, most of these contemplations led his mind back to her. Over the years, it had become a habit of sorts ━━ to lie on his hard bed during quiet nights, pondering, more often than not, what lied within her pretty little head? Though he knows deep down that it would forever be the sort of question he would carry to his grave, one he would wonder about endlessly but never find a satisfactory answer to. Oh, but how he found a haven for his restless soul in the complex constellations of her mind, a universe of endless exploration.

And so their story went, an eternal riddle, she remained, and he, the willing seeker of her never-ending mystery.

JUNG MI-RA

tender soul & inquisitive spirit

𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗚𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧

Oh Yeon-seo as Jung Mi-ra
Park Hyung-sik as Kim Ji-dwi / King Sammaek-jong
Yoo Jae-myung as Pa-oh
Park Seo-joon as Kim Sun-woo
Go Ara as Kim Ah-ro
Sung Dong-il as Lord Kim Wi-hwa
Choi Min-ho as Kim Soo-ho
Do Ji-han as Park Ban-ryu
Lee Da-in as Kim Soo-yeon
Kim Tae-hyung as Seok Han-sung
+ more

© 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃

Any unauthorised reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book maybe reproduced or transmitted by any form or any means, electronic or mechanical, without express written from author.

Names, characters, places, plot-lines, and incidents, either are the author's imagination or part of the dailogues from Hwarang : The Poet Warrior Youth, the South Korean television series. Characters in the book might not have the same opinion as you. These are all fictional.

please do not palagarize this story

𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒

violence, murder, profanity, slavery, religion, heartbreak, trauma, and death