first date.

Triggers: romance<3
botbur n topq
colleagues au

Wilbur was pacing back and forth in his apartment, he couldn't believe it, he had been asked out on a date! It was his first-ever romantic experience so you could tell he was nervous. It was about 4 pm and he was already dressed. He looked at himself in the mirror more than he ever held a guitar. He felt something brush against his leg as he looked down, it was Anvil, his pet cat. Wilbur smiled and then stroked the kitty.

It was a lovely morning, Wilbur was working in his office, trying to get some files done to send to his boss. He was stressing out and drinking too much coffee at 9 am. Wilbur was focused on his work, unlike some of his co-workers, he was so caught up with his things that he didn't even realize that someone entered his office. It was Quackity, the company's manager. Wilbur admitted that he had feelings for the manager. Quackity was always seen in a suit. In three years with this company, he's never seen wearing anything else.

"Woah, we have a try-hard now, hm?"

Wilbur rolled his eyes sarcastically and stood up, walking towards the manager, "I am just determined. I want to get things done by today so I can have the night off." Wilbur shadowed the younger as he leaned on the wall, taking a sip of his coffee. "So you're free tonight?" Quackity asked quietly before straightening himself with a confident smile, "I'll see you tonight at Mama Tina's Restaurant." Wilbur tilted his head as he turned to look at Quackity, "Oh, alright. What project are we working on?"

Quackity was about to leave the room before saying, "Consider this a date."
Wilbur lagged and then blinked, he quickly turned to the door and shouted, "What!?"

Wilbur's cheeks were slightly red as he thought about how he got asked out. "You're right, I'm thinking too much. I should probably get some rest..." Wilbur said to his pet as he stood up and flopped down the couch. He lay there, staring at the ceiling and smiling softly before falling asleep. It was very exciting for him.

After a short sleep, Wilbur was slowly stirring up. He sat up and wiped the sleep off his eyes. Yawning, he checked the time. It was half past eight, only 2 hours late for the date. Wilbur blinked as his jaw fell. He quickly got up and stubbed his toe onto the desk. He yelped in pain as he tried to put on his jacket. Panicking, he dashed out of his apartment, smashing the ground button on the elevator.

He was sweating as he ran out and looked around for a cab. As soon as a car passed by, he stood in front of it and forced the driver to take him to the date's location. Wilbur was fidgeting the whole way as he urged the Uber driver to accelerate while still staying at the speed limit. When they got there, it was already 9 pm. Wilbur quickly ran into the cafe, not expecting his date to be there, but there he was, Quackity. He panted as he stumbled and sat across the annoyed man.

"I'm so sorry, Quackity! I overslept and I- I-" Wilbur was talking so fast, that he started to stutter. Quackity's eyes widened at the sight of Wilbur. He didn't think that the British would show up. He also noticed that Wilbur was out of breath and his tie was undone.

Quackity chuckled then grinned, "I was about to leave... but your messy appearance is such a turn-on." Wilbur blinked. He was still out of breath but now, his cheeks were bright red, "Excuse me-? This is very unprofessional. I did not expect this from someone like you." Quackity smirked slightly as he leaned forward, his arms on the coffee table, "It is, but this isn't work."

It was a sweet conversation as they got to know each other. One was drinking a coffee and the other was drinking tea, it's in the British bones, you know? "You know, Quackity, I've never seen you wear something like this," Wilbur spoke softly, looking away. It was obvious that he was nervous. "But tonight is special, no more suits, just for you," Quackity winked. 
Heh-? Tonight? Special? That must mean I'm special... No way, that's nonsense! He never gave a damn about me before- so, why now...? (simpbur)

Wilbur quickly shook the thought out of his head.
One in a million-year experience, don't ruin this. Just enjoy it as it lasts.
Wilbur then smiled awkwardly at Quackity, his cheeks slightly pink. "So, erm, it's pretty late. Do you want to stop it here?" Shit, what was that!? It sounds like I'm not interested in him. Quackity looked rather disappointed, "Is it past your curfew?" Wilbur quickly shook his head, "What!? No- I was just afraid you'd be tired," Well that was a lie. Wilbur was more than exhausted after a long day but little did he know that his date was a night owl. Of course, Wilbur didn't want to hurt Quackity's feelings by saying that he was tired. He also didn't want to leave his manager's side, he enjoyed talking to him.

Quackity smiled, taking Wilbur's hand in his own, "I'm not tired, thanks for "
Wilbur felt the heat in his cheeks rise, Quackity's hands were so soft and cold, in contrast with his hard and warm ones. Calm down, you idiot! Just breathe. Wilbur tried to smile warmly back at him but failed, making his smile awkward and twisted.

Quackity chuckled then finished his coffee before standing up, "I know this place, you'll love it." Wilbur blinked then smiled slightly as his heart fluttered. The owner of the shop came to their table, "Leaving already, Quacks?" Quackity rolled his eyes then grinned as he paid the bill, "Yes, Tina, I have somewhere to be." Wilbur looked at them, he couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. They're friends, nothing less, nothing more. You're not even his type, why am I feeling- "Wilbur, come on! Let's go." As soon as Quackity grabbed his hand, the thought vanished. You held his hand, it felt like flying. He didn't even care if he was getting dragged outside of the coffee shop, outside of the city,... into the forest-? 

Wilbur chuckled nervously as he followed Quackity,
"H-hey- you know what time it is right?" 
"Mhm.."
"And- you know where you're going right...?"
"Yup."
Quackity just couldn't seem to understand how he felt, Wilbur, was clinging onto his arm as they strode deeper into the forest. 

Shit shit- he's never going to have intentions of hurting me... yes- let's stick to that. Wilbur tried to calm him down as he started to count sheep, though counting sheep is for sleep deprivation. 

Finally, they reached their destination, "Do you like it?" Quackity said eagerly. Like? Wilbur felt like his stomach dropped to his feet. It was a hospital, or it used to be, covered in vines and moss. The abandoned hospital looked like it was getting sucked into the ground by the huge roots of the oak trees. The moonlight shone on them through the leaves, making a pretty pattern on their faces. 

Wilbur froze, he opened his mouth but only managed to let out a squeak. He turned to the shorter one while smiling nervously and nodding. Quackity smile grew bigger, "I knew you would like it! Come on, let's go in."

× Word count: 1305 ×

A/n: Thank you so much for reading this part of my oneshots!! This part is so short, I am so sorry! I am currently a student and applying for a scholarship so my schedule is very swamped.. sorry for the wait. Thank you again, so much for the support! Please correct my grammar if I made a mistake!