The Report

I head to class and have to wait because I'm a little bit early. I am anxious to see my grade. I worked my rear end off. I hope I get a good grade. It was the hardest I've worked on a project. I wanted to get the best grade possible. I want a news segment. I want this so badly. I even helped the cops with some information. I cracked this case back open for them. As I'm sitting there thinking, the door to class swings open and my professor pops his head out.

"Taylor, welcome in." He says unlocking his door.

"Thank you, professor W." I say walking in. He prefers professor W because then no one can pronounce his name wrong. It's easier on everybody he says.

"Your report was excellent." He says, "Here's it back. I didn't out the grade in yet because you're the only one with this grade. I wanted you to see it in person first." He smiles and hands me the paper back.

I am so anxious until I see the grade, "I GOT A 100 ON MY REPORT!!" I squeal.

He smiles cheerfully, "You'll be on the news come tomorrow morning."

I almost cry, "This is so exciting!" I jump up and down. "I would present this to the entire school body class by class if I had to." I exhale, "I am so happy all my hard work paid off."

Everyone starts trickling into class, "Well, I'm glad bc you'll be presenting a summary to the class and letting them know what you'll be saying tomorrow morning."

My eyes get huge, "WOW, this is real..." I smile, "I am so excited. You have no idea. This is so big for me."

The bell rings and I begin to present to the class. I just summarize what I found. I did a few more phone calls and a few more searches on the computer. There's so many gems of information that I have. The police are gonna eat it up. Lucky for them, I'm gonna hand it all right over. The notes, the research, the receipts, just everything. Anyways, I finish and get a standing ovation. The rest of class was me figuring out the logistics with my teacher while everybody looked over their reports and did peer reviews.

The bell rings, but before I leave class someone came up to me. "Hey, I wanted to thank you for opening her case back up and finding this new piece of evidence. We're going on 4 years without her and it seems like no one's trying to find her. They think she ran away. It's a whole thing. My family has struggled with the absence of her." Who is this guy?

"I'm sorry... I don't know if you didn't say it or maybe I didn't catch it, but how do you know her?" I ask politely. It sounds like they might be related.

"She's my sister." He replies.

"Do you still have hope that she's alive?" I ask. I can tell he does. He said 'is my sister' not 'was my sister.' He has a lot of hope.

"Yeah, I do actually." He replies with a nod.

"I could tell. You said 'is' not 'was' when referring to her as your sister." I say, "I believe something happened big time. I don't know what. I wanna know. I have a very very good idea. Like I have a good idea of what may or may not have happened. You can come talk to me privately if you'd like. I have so much information that no one took the time to gather. It's odd. Very odd. I'll go over it in the news tomorrow morning. Listen in. Tell your family to listen in. I'll tell you new evidence and everything."

He beams with joy, "Oh I will. Thank you!" He almost hugs me but doesn't.

"No problem. Everyone deserves justice." I smile, "I have to go, but have a good one."

We both split ways and I can't help but think how odd that was.

That was freaking weird.

It gets my mind thinking because he looks familiar.

So familiar.

It all clicks in my head and chills run through my spine. That's not her brother.

That was the boyfriend...

The one who supposedly cheated on her.

Oh
My
Gosh

Why would he lie?

I had called him too. I asked him a lot of personal questions and a lot of school questions. Supposedly he's graduated and he's a dental hygienist.

Why would he be here?

I can't bring myself to stop so I keep walking in the hopes that he doesn't realize I know. I walk to my next class and I can't focus. The entire class is simply me researching this ex. I had done a decent amount of research and I done a background check and everything.

But I'm missing something.

I'm missing something really big.

So I dig deeper. 

And you will not believe what I found...