Do Eyes Talk?

@kaceyhart14: Surprise! I have decided after the overwhelming support on my album Powers...I am releasing a deluxe version right now with two new songs...Atmosphere and why I didn't. These two songs are some of my favorites I hope you guys enjoy!

Comments:

@leahwilliamsonn: these are so good! You are amazing!

@bethmead_: loveeeeeeee these girl

@khart_fan1389: are these about her being at the emirates?

@wosofan90wsl: what happened in London with our girls?

I wrote two songs, actually three, after getting back from that arsenal game. Atmosphere being about my experience stepping on the field in a huge stadium, why I didn't about my experience playing college soccer, and a third unreleased called eyes talk. Eyes talk is less about soccer and more about a player...Leah Williamson. She is absolutely gorgeous. We only said hello in person, but I could not stop looking at her while I was there. She has been commenting on my Instagram posts every time I post no matter if it's just to promote something or a photo dump. I have recently been doing the same.

Tour rehearsals start in three days and tour officially starts in 10 days, so I was thinking of heading back out to London for a day to go watch the Arsenal vs Manchester City game. Beth had got me a ticket this time for a VIP box but this time I was in one of the family boxes. Before I knew it, I was on a plane to London.

I woke up pretty early the next morning to meet Beth for coffee at a local shop, we had been keeping in touch. I wanted to be ready for the game already, so I threw on some jeans, an arsenal jersey (the home kit), and a black jacket. The coffee shop was small and obviously knew Beth. I ordered some avocado toast and a mocha and walked to the table Beth was waiting at in the corner of the shop.

"Do you come here often?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do, it's one of me and Viv's favorite places to come."

"Is Viv your girlfriend? I don't mean to sound rude, but I want to make sure I get it right."

"Haha, it's not rude but yes she is my girlfriend, coming up on a year actually."

"Oh, I love that!"

"Thank you, anyone special for you?"

"No, my life is pretty public but there are certain things I keep to myself and that's one thing I don't need the world knowing really."

"I totally get that; I only occasionally post things of me and Viv, but we definitely broke the internet with the picture I posted kind of confirming we were dating about a year ago."

"That's funny, apparently, I break the internet a lot with music and stuff. Recently everyone is freaking out about how my new songs might be about the one arsenal game I went to."

"I have to ask, are they?"

"Yes and no, both are just about my soccer experience. I did write one specifically about a player, but I did not release that one."

"You have to tell me who now."

"Not a word can be said."

"I know, I know, we are adults after all."

"Leah."

"Williamson?"

All I did was nod my head and then she was bombarding me with questions. I told her we haven't talked besides a hello and Instagram comments but that she was stunning, and I couldn't help but stare. She told me to go for it but I knew there was no way I would get the girl.

The game ended 1-1 with Alessia Russo scoring the one goal for Arsenal. I sat with Beth's family; they were very nice people. They told me that after this game the team and their families were heading to dinner at a place not far from the stadium. I rode with them there, everyone arriving at the same time. I sat with Beth's family but would get up and talk to Beth and Viv occasionally.

I could feel eyes on me for a majority of the night, but I could never figure out whose eyes they were. Some of the girls had been drinking but nothing much. I was not a big drinker myself, so I just walked up to the bar and grabbed myself an iced tea when someone walked up and stood by my side. I leaned on the counter and looked to my right to see Beth.

"Now is your chance to introduce yourself," she said, "She is a very nice person."

"I know, I know, I was planning on saying more than hello tonight."

"Just go have a chat with her, she will appreciate it."

I sent Beth a smile as she turned and walked away winking at me. I took a sip of my tea and looked to my left again to see Leah standing at a table not too far away talking to one of her teammates. I took another sip before deciding to walk over to her table. Her and Alessia spotted me walking over to them. Leah looked me in the eyes and smiled, Alessia said hello and left us alone.

"Hi," she said softly still with a huge smile on her face.

"Hi," I responded smiling back and letting out a giggle at our awkwardness.

"What has you back in London?"

"You guys actually, I had a few days before tour rehearsals, so I wanted to catch another game before."

"Miss Hart coming all the way from Boston to see little arsenal women play huh."

"Well yeah but you guys are not that little."

"Okay true but still you made time to come back, I wasn't expecting that."

"Why not?"

"Honestly you seem so busy between acting and tour."

"Yeah, I get busy, but I make time for the things I love."

"Oh, so you love us then?"

"I guess you could say that, but I was talking about soccer, well excuse me football."

"How come you stopped playing?"

"I had a good two years in college but then our coaches changed, and he was awful, treated us terrible, and made me want to quit."

"That's awful I'm sorry."

Leah was so invested in our conversation; it made me feel to heard. She did any little thing to make me feel validated. She also could tell that this was a sensitive subject for me, so she did not pry or ask any questions. She just listened. I looked over Leah's shoulder at one point to see Beth looking at me with a smile. Leah and I had to have talked for hours. It flowed so well and by the time we had to leave we were some of the last people in the restaurant. She offered me a ride home since Beth and her family had left.

Our conversation continued through the car ride. She kept her eyes on the road but at a light she would look at me with that same focus and interest as before. When I turned to look at her, she was smiling. She had such a nice smile that could light up the room and brighten any day. We finally arrived at the front of my hotel, and I had a feeling I hadn't had in a while. I did not want this night to end.

"Thank you for the ride," I said unbuckling my seatbelt.

"Anytime," Leah responded with that same smile.

"Do you have plans tomorrow?"

"I just have training at 1, do you want to get coffee in the morning?"

"Yes, that sounds good to me."

"I'll pick you up here, 8 am, don't be late."

"I won't be."

I smiled at her while getting out of the car and made my way into the building and up to my room with a big smile on my face.