Dinner for Two

I practically ran back to Beth's family so I could hurry back and get ready. I was beyond excited to go out to dinner with Leah, especially since we haven't seen each other in a while because I was on tour, and she was in season. I took a quick shower and put on light makeup, a navy-blue dress, black heels, and put my hair down. I spent the entire time I was getting ready overthinking. How do we talk about the kiss? Do we talk about the kiss or not even address that it happened? Do I confess how I feel? Will she?

I snapped out of my trance when the clock struck 7. I walked outside to see Leah leaning against her car waiting for me. I closed the door and began to walk towards her. She looked stunning. She was wearing a black suit, partially open at the top showing off her collarbones. She stood up straight as she saw me approaching her. She took me in a quick hug before opening my door for me and then climbing in her side herself.

"You look absolutely amazing Kacey," she said with a huge smile on her face.

"You don't look so bad yourself Leah," I replied not able to keep the smile off my face, "So where are you taking me?"

"You will see."

We drove for a while into the city, until we finally got to this very fancy restaurant. Everyone was in formal attire from the customers to all the staff. We parked and she came and opened my door again before we walked side by side into the restaurant. The staff must have known who she was because they immediately took us to a table upstairs, quieter. We sat down across from each other as two glasses of wine were brought to us.

"This place is amazing Leah," I said.

"Just wait until you try the food," she replied reaching her hand across the table to grab mine.

"What do you recommend?"

"Well, I am a picky eater, so I usually go with the steak, but their chicken is also very good."

"Noted."

"So how have you been?"

"I've been good, tour was so much fun, but I am glad I get to rest now, what about you?"

"I've been good too. The team is doing well, and I just got my phone call to go to the world cup."

"Wait, really! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!"

"Thank you, Kacey, it means a lot."

"Maybe now I have to change my allegiance, seeing as you and your teammates all play for England."

"I would hope you do."

She smiled at me. We were cut short by the waiter coming over to take our orders. I ended up getting a steak with vegetables and mashed potatoes. Leah got a steak with mac and cheese and vegetables. We talked while waiting for our food like we never left each other.

Leah insisted on paying after a long fight to split the bill. She started driving but this time in the direction of her apartment. When we got there, she tossed me joggers and a hoodie to change into as she did the same.

"We have one more place to go before the night is over," Leah said getting in her side of the car.

We drove to a small open area in some trees outside of the city. I got out and walked a little bit and looked up at the sky. The stars were so bright and visible. My thoughts were cut short by a pair of arms wrapping around my shoulders. I stayed there for a minute before she let go and I turned around to see a blanket on the ground with some cookies. I immediately jumped back into her arms with a big smile on my face. We sat down and continued our conversations from earlier but this time with cookies.

"Leah, I think there's something we should talk about," I said after there was a pause in our conversation.

"Yeah, there is," she said looking towards me.

"Look, if it was a mistake then I hope we can just forget abo..."

I was cut short by Leah grabbing placing her lips on mine, pulling me as close to her as possible. The kiss was slow and desperate, it felt so right in that moment. I pulled away smiling at Leah.

"What does this mean?" I asked.

"Well, will you be my girlfriend?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yes of course I will be Leah."

I pulled her back in for another kiss, this one more desperate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone sorry I've been bad at updating but I should be back now! Not really sure where to go from here but if there are any suggestions let me know!