7

He sat on the bed staring at his computer screen. She walked in, which startled him.
"Hey, babe."
"Hey."
"I thought you were done with work?"
"I'm not working."
"Well, babe how much longer are you going to be up?" She said getting into bed, looking at his computer screen.

HEAD FOOTBALL COACH NEEDED
CONTACT: Huntington Beach Union School District
huntingtonbeachuni@gmail.edu

"Pat?"
"I'm thinking about it." He looked at her.
"I think you should. If this is something you really want, you should."
"Really?" She nods. "Good, because I already got the job."
"Patrick?"
"Don't be mad, please."
"Babe I'm not. I'm so proud of you." She said taking his hand. "When do you get to start?"
"This coming Monday."
"That's exciting."
"The first game is that same Friday too."
"We will all be there." He shut his computer and set it on the nightstand.
"I love you." He said getting up. "Are all the kids in bed?" he asked, going into the closet.
"Yeah, except for Vena. She was in the kitchen."
"Doing?" He said putting on a pair of sweatpants and nothing else.
"I think school stuff." He nodded. "Patrick, don't." She said as he jumped on her in bed.
"I did." He said laying on her.
"You're something else." She giggled. He rolled over and turned the lamp off.
"Goodnight sweetheart." He said.
"Goodnight PWilz." He laughed.

His alarm went off at the same time it does every morning, 5 a.m. He let out a sigh.
"5 comes fast every morning." He whispers.
"Sure does." She whispered back. He got up and put his shorts on along with his shoes. "By the time you get back, I'll have breakfast made, promise."
"Well, you better get up soon. I'm a fast runner." He said winking and she laughed.
"Okay, I'll see you later."
"Bye." He said walking out.

Getting up out of bed she put her silk robe on. She slipped downstairs and got everything out to make. In the middle of making breakfast, she heard the front door open.
"Pat?"
"Yeah?" He said coming around the corner.
"I'm not done." He smirks.
"I knew you wouldn't be." He said hugging her from behind.
"Uh, you are very sweaty."
"I'm gonna go change, and then I'll come and help you." He kissed her on the cheek and went upstairs.
He came back down and took over making the pancakes from Vera. She sat on the counter watching him.
"I'm loving the mustache, babe."
"Are you kidding?"
"No. I do."
"Maybe I'll grow my hair out too."
"Now don't take it too far." He laughed. "I'm gonna go grocery shopping after breakfast, wanna come?"
"Sure V. I need to stop by the school anyways."