24: Love And Hate

Harrenhall (before the fire)

Harwin and Lyonel sat at the table silently eating their dinner, Lyonel was no longer angry but disappointment. Harwin could not hold the tension any longer and banged his cup of wine on the table. "Do not look at me like that, father" he said.

"Harwin" his father said, Harwin began eating his food again but kept a sharp eye on his father, "I have told you, many times to leave the princess, but you returned countless times" Lyonel said calmly but clearly disappointed.

Harwin scoffed at his father, "It is not that easy" he said, "You gave her bastards, Harwin" Lyonel whisper-shouted at him, angry Harwin stood up and looked at him father.

"I love the princess father, and those boys are mine, now if you'll excuse I would like to return to my chambers" he walked out leaving his father more angry than he already was.

Later that night Harwin woke to the smell of smoke, his room was filled with flames, he rushed over to the door and tried opening but it was sealed shut, "Father!" he yelled, I heard his father shouting from the other room.

He looked around and found a hot metal rod, ignoring the burn he used it and broke the door open, outside he was the halls were aflame, he tried opening his fathers door but it would not open. "Father!" he said banging on the door, "Go, Harwin, get out of here"

"I will not leave you father" he said resting his head on the door, "The door will not open, go Harwin, go!" Lyonel said, Harwin looked down the hall, he began running through the halls, ignoring the dead bodies.

He finally came to the door and opened it, he turned around contemplating if he should run back, the roof began falling in, Harwin ran out leaving his home and his father.

Driftmark

I felt the tears running down my cheeks as I saw them ready Laena's body, I held Aegon and Aerion close to my side, smoothly rubbing their backs, Aegon loved his aunt, we all did

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena of house Velaryon  to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King, where He will guard her for all days to come. As she sets to sea for her final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters on the shore. Though their mother will not return from her voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours run thick. Ours run true. Ours must never thin."  Vaemond said.

I felt fresh tears run down my cheeks, I know I should be strong but I can't not when a piece of me is leaving with Laena's body. I felt Aegon tighten his grip on me and buried his head under my arm." It's ok" I whispered to him as I wiped away his tears then my own.

I saw the ropes tighten around Laena's body, my heart ached, my head throbbed, I felt a lump in my throat. They began pulling her body down and fresh tears ran down my cheek, I bit my lip to stop it quivering.

"My gentle niece. May the wind be as strong as your back, your seas as calm as your spirit and your nets be as full as your heart. From the sea we came, to the sea we shall return"

I gasped as I saw Laena's body dropped to the ocean, my sweet, sweet sister. I turned to Daemon and saw him holding his daughters, then I turned to Laenor who seemed as broken as I was.

Everyone gathered around conversing with one another, it looked like nothing happened, like Laena did not leave us. I sat in the far corner, taking glass after glass of wine, I did not want to feel the way I did.

Tears still fell down my cheeks, I slowly banged my head against the wall I was sitting against. The roar of my dragon made me hurt more, she knew what I was feeling.