neighbors story

Briar went home with his wife. He sat in his chair and asked his wife for a cup of water. She said, "Hmm, okay."

Briar placed his hand on his head and looked at the clock, taking a deep breath. His wife gave him water, and he drank it, then said, "Sit down."

His wife asked, "What's wrong? You seem troubled."

Briar replied, "Can you answer my questions properly?"

His wife said, "Alright, but what happened?"

Briar asked, "Was it all my fault?"

His wife said, "Briar, I don't understand what you're talking about."

Briar explained, "I'm talking about that day."

His wife asked, "Why are you thinking about that? Don't dwell on it; it upsets you."

Briar said, "I can't help it. When I see everyone, it feels like it's all because of me. Even my best friend, Mark, doesn't trust me anymore."

His wife reassured him, "He's just worried about his child."

Briar asked, "What about us? Aren't we worried about our daughter?"

His wife responded, "Of course, we are concerned about Daisy. But you shouldn't blame yourself for everything that happened."

Briar insisted, "If I had known, I would have let Daisy experience what she went through."

Suddenly, a sneeze interrupted their conversation. Briar understood the sound and told his wife, "You should go; she needs you." Tears welled up in his eyes, but he kept himself composed.

His wife said, "Are you okay?" She placed her hand on his shoulder and said, "Everything will be fine." A sudden question appeared in her eyes, "Will it really be okay?"

Briar replied, "Maybe."

His wife said, "Alright, you rest. I'm going to be with Daisy."

She went from the living room to Daisy's room, where she saw her daughter wrapped in a blanket, looking distressed. Daisy was trembling. Her mother embraced her, holding her cheeks, and asked, "What happened? Daisy said, 'Mom, they're coming back. They want to take me again. She was pointing to the door."

Her mother assured her, "There's no one there. Come with me to the living room, and we'll have something to eat. You're my precious daughter, right?"

Daisy hesitated and said, "But, Mom."

Her mother continued, "You have to leave all those things behind. I know it was painful and difficult for you, and it still is, but you have to try. Dad and I are with you. So, come with me."

She reached out and touched Daisy's hand, gazing at her with loving and understanding eyes. At first, Daisy resisted, but then she took a deep breath and placed her hand in her mother's, finally letting go of her fears.