neighbors story 2

When both the mother and daughter reached the living room, Daisy found her father sitting on the chair in a distressed state. She went to her father and asked, "Dad, are you crying?"

The father performed a theatrical yawn, stretching one arm forward and closing his fist, then the other arm backward. With a big yawn, he exclaimed, "Why should I cry? I'm just a bit tired. After having a meal, I'll do some work and then rest to feel better."

Daisy asks her dad, "Dad, are you really telling the truth? Is there nothing else?"

Briar replied, "No, everything is fine." Daisy's mother responded, "Okay, enough father-daughter melodrama. What do you want to eat? Sandwich, pasta, or eggs?"

"Briar whispers in Daisy's ears in a gentle voice that there is a smell of something burning. Upon hearing this, Daisy's mother remarks, 'I've heard everything.'"

"Briar and his wife, upon exchanging stern glances, start smiling at each other and then burst into laughter."

"Then suddenly, Briar's gaze falls upon Daisy. Daisy wasn't going to recover so quickly; she needed proper treatment. She was trembling with fear."

"Briar tenderly held Daisy's hand and turned towards his wife, saying, 'Today, we won't cook at home.' He reassured Daisy's mother, 'You don't need to do anything because I've...' Before he could finish, someone rings the doorbell before Briar could complete his sentence.

Upon hearing the doorbell sound, Daisy firmly grasped her father's hands and tightly closed her eyes."

"Briar signals to his wife and says, 'You open the door.' His wife leaves."

"Briar completes his previous sentence and says, 'I've heard that spaghetti is expensive.' Upon hearing this, Daisy loosens her grip on her hands and opens her eyes. She then says, 'Spaghetti.'"

"Briar smiles while nodding his head, and says yes, and also has ice cream and cola with him."

"Daisy asks, 'Which flavor of ice cream did you buy?' Briar replies, 'Guess, and you'll know.' Just then, his wife brings food."

"They all begin to eat together. After enjoying spaghetti, Daisy craves ice cream. Her mother gets up and brings ice cream for her. When Daisy sees the flavor of the ice cream, she becomes very happy, as if she has momentarily forgotten her fears. With joy, Daisy turns towards her father and says, 'Raspberry flavor ice cream.' Her father, with a proud smile on his face and chest puffed out, responds, 'Yes, your favorite.'"

"After eating, Daisy heads towards her room. Daisy's mother tells Briar, 'I'll give her medicine.' Briar nods and says, 'Sure. Administer the medicine, and then come back. I need to talk to you.' His wife asks, 'What do you want to talk about?' Briar replies, 'Nothing specific. You go, and we'll talk later.'"

"I am going to the factory." His wife says, "It's already 11:00 at night, and you're going to visit the factory again. What if something happens there like last time?"

"Briar says, 'You already know that we suffered a lot due to that incident. That's why I and my workers are going to see what happened on that day. His wife says, 'You filed a report with the police.' Briar replies, 'The police have been investigating for a month, but they are unsuccessful. I don't know, and I feel like the police are somehow involved in this incident.' His wife asks, 'Why do you think that?' Briar says, 'I don't know; it's just my sixth sense forcing me to think, and the way the police are handling it seems like they are just putting on a show.' His wife says, 'Maybe they are not finding any evidence?'"

"Briar says, 'You may be right, but I don't know if this theory is correct.' His wife asks, 'What? What are you trying to say? Clearly speak up.'"

Briar says, "Let's talk later; go to Daisy. I need to leave; my workers are calling." The wife advises, "Be careful; you can't trust anyone at this time." Briar acknowledges, "I know, but what can I do?" "Okay, bye." The wife bids farewell, goes to Daisy's, gives medicine, and lies down with her daughter.