9. ᴋɴᴇᴇʟ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴀ ᴋɪɴɢ

(Third Person POV)
-
Capitol Building, Washington D.C, World 1
-

DJ was dragged through the front door. He refused to walk, rather making it harder for the guards by having to drag him all the way back to the building. They yelled at him several times to get up, but he simply refused.

Once they got to the main room in front of the throne, they threw him down in front of _nala and Chosen. _nala sat and watched him get up before his guards grabbed him by the arms to prevent escape.

"Well well well.. Looks like one of the rats couldn't scurry away in time. How terrible.." He smiled and crossed his legs, leaning into his chair. "What's your name, hm?"

He didn't respond. One of the guards nudged him. He still refused to speak.

"Figures. I was expecting this. Maybe force will make you talk. Guards. Take off that hood and mask please."

DJ panicked, turning away, however the guards easily took down his hood and tore his mask off. DJ still looked down at the ground. Smirking, _nala stood up and walked right up to him, grabbing his face and forcing him to look at him.

DJ kept a stern expression. To his surprise, _nala seemed suddenly taken aback. Quickly letting go, _nala backed up.

"You two! Stop handling him so harshly!" He commanded the guards. They loosened their grips almost immediately.

"What..?" DJ silently spoke. Did he do something?

"DJ! Well.. you probably aren't my DJ, but nonetheless.." A genuine smile grew on his face. "God.. I never thought I'd see you again.. nonetheless in the Resistance."

Oh. It made sense now.

"Don't look so tense! My original plans for you have been canceled. I have new ones now. Besides, why would I do anything bad to you of all people?"

DJ bawled his fist. If he wasn't restrained, he would straight up punch his stupid face, no matter how familiar it looked. A question formed on his lips, one he had been aching to ask someone for so long, but he waited, just giving him the same cold glare.

Chosen seemed confused by this. "If he isn't yours, shouldn't we just, yknow, use him and search for your DJ?"

"I.. have a feeling that mine isn't.." He stopped. That sad look hurt a lot, but he couldn't give in.

"Well.. in any case! I'd like you to stay here with us. Making you a soldier feels like a complete waste. Why not just give you a comfortable living space? I got the whole world at my command, yknow." He laughed, looking back.

DJ didn't seem so amused.

"Of course, it seems like the room will have to have no exit, since you don't seem so happy about this. You'll adjust eventually. Start learning to live like royalty instead of rolling in the dirt."

He commanded a few guards to prepare a locked up, yet comfortable, room. His heart was beating with that question.

"Well, your space is almost ready. Anything you want to say? Perhaps a 'thank you?'"

"..where's Alan, my Alan?"

_nala paused, then laughed. "Should've guessed you'd ask that, huh? Despite everything I could tell and give you.. I can't tell you. All I'll say is that he's gotten what he deserved."

DJ's heart dropped, racing with more questions. His stern expression was breaking quickly. _nala would've scoffed at it, but he felt empathy. Having a friend go missing was hard. He'd know that feeling better than anyone. Walking over, he lightly placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Ah, don't worry yourself. You'll be happier here. I'd assume your room is ready by now. Take him over, you know what to do."