~Speak Now Opinions PART 2~

Hey, yall! Ik it's been a while. Question: What is ur fav couple name for Taylor and Travis? I thought of Kwift, or Kaylor. Their last names start with the same letter so not many first name mashups :( Anyways, just tell me your opinions on these and any other names you have!

And now on to le opinions of le AMAZING Speak Now album PART 2 :)

Enchanted

Favorite line: 'Please, don't be in love with someone else'

Meaning: This song was written about Adam Young. The first time Taylor met him, she was hoping he wasn't in love with someone else. She said this because she immediately had a huge crush on him.

Opinion: So this song was basically my "introduction" to Speak Now and obviously, it made me fall in love with the album :) As shown on my rankings, it is no longer my fav song, but it's still iconic and amazing. And those vocals...<3

Better Than Revenge

Favorite line:  'I'm just another thing for you to roll your eyes at, honey'

Meaning: This song is about actress Camilla Belle, who dated Joe Jonas after Taylor did.

Opinion: I hate that this song is so controversial. Why can't we just appreciate that it's an amazing song? I honestly don't care about the lyric change. So, I became a fan in 2017, reputation era. After listening to Rep and Lover in order for DAYS on end, I did start to drift away towards K-pop (BTS, (G)I-DLE, Stray Kids, Blackpink). I think it was the Eras Tour, but I don't really remember what made me come back...Anyways, I'm here now and that's all that matters! So basically, the point of saying that was that I didn't hear/care about Taylor's Versions when Fearless, Red, and Speak Now came out. I even had no idea about this song. So when I finally heard that there was a lyric change, I was very confused. I think this change would have been more important to me if I knew the song before tv. Yeah, I think it's fine. Her music, her choices :)

But anyways, I really love this song. It's semi-rock and so different from the others, which is why I love it <3

Innocent

Favorite line:  'Your string of lights is still bright to me'

Meaning: Well, erm, this book is not mature but...this is about her forgiving K**** W***. Um yeah... (if I were her I wouldn't do it but, she's TAYLOR SWIFT, so y'know)

Opinion: This song is pretty good. I don't listen to it enough, but it's good.

Haunted

Favorite line: 'You're all I wanted'

Meaning: This is about realizing that the person you're in love with is drifting and fading fast.

Opinion: Not much so say about this one, but it's a CLASSIC. so gooddddddd *chef's kiss*

Last Kiss

Favorite line: 'And I'll keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are' (*sniffle*)

Meaning: Joe Jonas...(again)

Opinion: This is just ok for me. It's not horrible, but it's not my favorite.

Long Live

Favorite line: 'I had the time of my life with you' (obviously, ugh it makes me feel sad but not at the same time)

Meaning: She wrote this song for her gratitude of her fans and bandmates <3

Opinion: I LOVE THIS SONG. The guitar and everything is just ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. She basically predicts her own future and asfbjkebdfsdiokjfahebgfkj

Ours

Favorite line: 'Your hands are tough but they are where mine belong'

Meaning: This is a song about not caring what others think about love.

Opinion: This one is one of my least favorites in Speak Now, but that doesn't mean it's not a good song, that's just my opinion :)

Superman

Favorite line: 'I wonder if he knows how much that I miss him' (very relatable, tbh)

Meaning: Superman is about a boy *cough*John Mayer *cough* that left her and she hopes he will eventually come back when the time is right.

Opinion: This song is SO GOOD. Superman stan right here :) It makes me sad that it's the least streamed song from Speak Now AND Speak Now (Taylor's Version). I think it's one of  the most underrated songs EVER. This song is just amazing ugh-

Alright, that's it my loves! Have an amazing day/month/year/life.

Maggie :)