Prologue

Doubt thou the

Stars are fire;

Doubt the sun

Doth move;

Doubt truth

To be a liar;

But never doubt,

I LOVE.

-  William Shakespeare 

This dream never felt so real. I could never imagine myself attending this prestigious event and claiming the title I never thought I could have the Most Outstanding Filipino Physician Award. At last, I have it. I would lie if I said this is not the best moment of my life, everything is perfect. I am wearing a see-through shimmery gown designed by my friend and I am in a place that looks so grand. The walls had been colored with a shade of white, gray, and jewel tones and are perfectly paired with this geometric glass top table. And on the ceiling lies impeccably the majestic hanging lights which have set off the ambiance of this room. Everywhere I go, the beautiful smiles of people who reach the peak of their success are all that I can see.

But the universe always has its way of meeting people with missing pieces. It was as if my world came to a halt when I saw him standing in front of me. Yes, it was him, Atty. Leovic Van Laere, the man I have been waiting for 6 years. The memories hit me so badly. It was still the same smile, same mannerisms, and same voice that could comfort me. But maybe not the same love at all.

My heart shattered as I saw him with another woman. How I wish I was that girl he is holding in his arms right now, who is introduced to different people here in these 4 cornered rooms. How I wish na kahit ilang Segundo man lang, ako ang dahilan kung bakit sya ngumingiti. He caught me looking at him. And his smile faded, and he eyed me the way he looked at me that first time we met.

He caught me off guard. I can't even seem to move. And my mind is filled with questions, I couldn't even begin where to start. Does he still remember me? Or should I say, does he still remember us? Or am I too late to cross his path for the second time around?