Chapter II. The Encounter

When I walked outside and saw his face, it was like all the strength left in me suddenly disappeared. It felt like he illuminates everything when he is around. It was truly mesmerizing to look at him even from afar.

"Belle," said one of my childhood's friends

"Bat ang tagal mo? kanina ka pa hinihintay ng nobyo mo"

He lift his head and just smiled at those words like they still meant something.

"Have you eaten anything yet?" Asked Leovic.

"And why ask?" I answered

I can sense that all eyes are focused on both Leovic and I. The scenery is just so wrong, bulb hanging lights shines brightly, the breeze seems like its dancing under the blanket of star that extend to infinity and him looking like a prince coming from a magical palace.

"Your fam never failed to prepare sumptuous foods, it's a shame you won't eat those." He said with a serious face.

"I have." I lied.

"Miss Rodriguez, you're such a bad liar. Dianne specifically prepared this seat for us. So do your niece a favor and eat with me."

I can't say anything anymore. I was dumbfounded and I hate that he is doing this in front of everyone. Pero pinanganak akong marupok so I followed what he said. I can sense the murmur of my friends as I get closer to Leovic. At eto naman si Kathleen, may pahampas hampas pang nalalaman sa nobyo niya.

"Enjoy, our little princess," James teased, nakakahawa talaga ang kabaliwhan ni kathleen.

Leovic moved the chair when I was about to take it.

"Have a seat," he said.

"Just what the fuck are you doing right now?" Those words came out like a whisper. I noticed that he is inch away from me now.

"I am here to claim what's mine," he said as he tucked my hair behind my ear.

"So be ready" he whispered next to my ear.

I pushed him and sat as I tried to catch my breath. We are sitting across from each other now. and people seem to not mind us anymore.

"You should eat. I made sure to get those favorite foods you want; people were swarming here when you're away. Baka mag dabog ka naman na wala ng tinira," that's tagalog, a language that I least expect him to use knowing that he is born and raised in Europe, but he never failed to speak it like it's his mother tongue.

"Nasira na ba utak mo? What will your girlfriend say if she finds out that you are here sitting next to your ex, talking so casually like nothing happened and this is a normal thing to do."

"What's her name then? you can't present a case in the court without evidence or else your complaint will be dismissed." He said as he looked at me with his scrutinizing eyes.

"Seriously? I have a lot of witnesses just so you know, and your girlfriend is out of my concern, so I won't bother knowing her" I said faking smile.

"You sound so jealous Miss Rodriguez. That's not the right way to defend your case. You might get yourself hurt."

"You wish" I said it slowly at inirapan ko siya.

I would truly love to know what's on his mind right now. Is he just messing with me thinking that one word from him can make me take a step forward back to who we were before, or does he felt bad for me when I walked out in the event, so he came here to act like he cares?

But instead of asking, I took a spoonfull and ate because at least, I was able to take this moment with him even if it's too short.

He was trying to hide his smile and shook his head while he looked at me eating as he did the same thing.