protective (arsenal)

You signed your first professional football contract when you were seventeen with Arsenal. Ever since then, your teammates became very protective of you. You were assigned to live with Lia, who instantly took you under her wing.

At the time, Lia and Caitlin had been together and became your team parents. They would make sure you've packed everything you needed for away games, packed you lunches, whatever parents did and you very much enjoyed the attention. Even when you went on loan for a season all the way to California for Angel City, they made sure to get Christen's phone number to make sure you were bing taken care of.

What you hated though, was how protective they were of you and that protectiveness passed onto the rest of your Arsenal teammates and when you were called up to the Lionesses, Leah and Beth's protectiveness passed onto the rest of your national teammates.

Fast forward four years later, you're now twenty-one, still living with Lia, minus Caitlin. You loved to call yourself a child of divorce, the ex-couple finding it amusing.

Right now, you and Lia were walking into Emirates Stadium to get ready for the match. You walk over to your cubby right next to you other mom.

"Hey, babes. Did you take a nap?" Caitlin pulls you into a hug, kissing the side of your head. You only nod, still feeling the sleepiness.

You get ready in your game kit, putting your warm up shirt over. Grabbing your hairbrush and some hair ties, you walk over to where Steph is, sitting on the ground between her legs, where she starts doing your hair, no questions asked, on of the perks of being the team baby.

Running onto the pitch, you start to warm up, partnering with Kyra. Couple minutes in, the fans started cheering, louder than any cheer you've heard just during warmups.

"Hey, isn't that the girl you're always watching?"

"What? Like I'm some stalker?" Your eyes wide, not sure what Lia meant when she walked up to you.

"No, like movies and that show she did. What was it? Wednesday or something?"

You look up to where she's pointing on the big screen, seeing none other than Jenna Ortega. Your eyes instantly lights up, not knowing she would be at your match, or even in England.

Before your teammates knew it, you were up in the stands giving her a big hug.

"That doesn't look like a very platonic hug, doesn't it?" Katie asks Caitlin.

With her brows furrowed, she walks over to her ex-girlfriend asking if she's seeing the same thing.

"She needs a good talking to."

"Her or the girl?"

"We'll talk to our kid and make Leah talk to the girl."

"Ah. Good thinking."

Walking towards where you were on the stands, they both call you over, saying it's time to go back through the tunnel.

"Well, those are my mums. I'll see you after the game so don't go anywhere."

You give Jenna a crooked grin. She lifts a hand up to cup your cheek, giving it a little pinch.

"You're too cute. I'll be sure to stay here."

"Okay. See you later!"

Giving her a quick hug, you run off to Caitlin and Lia, them wrapping an arm each around you.

"Who was that?"

"Yeah, when'd you get a girlfriend?"

Your eyes go wide and purposefully ignore the questions, running away from them.