Torn Apart

Time

I tried... I tried everything that I could... and I still failed... I failed him... I reacted as quickly as I could the moment the blade sank too deep into his skin. The others couldn't stop me, even as my mask slid off while I stumbled to him.

I held him and started to try something I had never done before. I looked at Sabre desperately as I tried to Reverse the damage he did to himself, reverse the wound on his neck... but he was already gone. The blood was spilling down his clothes. His body was limp and slowly growing cold. It did nothing to bring him back. Nothing...

"Sabre?..." I cried out weakly to his empty body. I got no response no matter how much I wanted him to. I felt something grab me and pull me back. Looking up I saw Dark. He was looking at Sabre. Everyone was. Every villain and every friend. All of us still wondering if this was it... was Sabre gone?... I know what he is... I know that he will go to his next life if it's true but...

It still hurts.

Everything came into my mind at once. The moments we have. The warmth of my body slowly imprinted into my skin. His blood stains my hands and cloak. I cuffed my hand in his cheek and waited for him. I waited for him as if I was meaningless. That all of this was meaningless without him here. Without him, I wouldn't have my family. Without him, I wouldn't have this life, and without him, I wouldn't feel the things I feel now. Even the pain spilling out through my eyes... all of it was from him. Losing him... even if he is somewhere else now. It made this world feel lifeless.

Galaxy suddenly came over to me and gave me a tight hug. I looked up at my dad whose eyes were still dull and broken... Tears ran down my face, just like the blood ran down Sabre's neck. Dark Steve picked up my mask and gave it back to me. I put it back on as no one could say a word... rather than the one I spoke moments earlier. Void Steve then stepped over to his body and took him away from me. I pulled him back to me but... I didn't have the strength. I couldn't even keep his dead body close to mine... He held him by his neck and squeezed it letting some blood fill into his hands. A part of me wishes that Sabre would cry out in pain... but he could no longer do so...

He can't do anything here again... so Void Steve laughed.

"Don't worry, he's gone. He won't be coming back." He chuckled and then started to strike lighting on Sabre's body. I reached out, but knew I couldn't do anything. His body soon disappeared. Something dropped to the ground though. His necklace. Without a second thought, I grabbed it and put it around my neck. Void was too busy to notice.

The villains slowly erupted into laughter and cheers. They finally took care of Sabre. The one thing that always held them back from their goals. I looked around to see Lucas in pure shock and confusion. Most of all... he looked terrified. Light just watched with a numb expression over him. Everyone else was just... sad.

I'm grateful that Rainbow isn't awake for this.

"Okay then, let's get a move on now. We still have a lot of work to get done." Origin snaps at everyone. He seemed the least cheerful out of all the other villains here. Void seemed the most ecstatic about all of this.

"Fine fine ruin our fun for us I guess. Let's move. You know where to take everyone." Nightmare complains as we are all moved away from the town. We had no choice but to follow him. Alex was still fighting through her eyes growing a vibrant green at this point, but Galaxy only had to look at her once before she calmed down and followed.

They teleported us away to the side of a mountain that had a crack filled with lights. This must have been where me and Sabre-... Were taken for the tea party. They led all of us inside but split us apart.