Starry night

Levi's squad were tasked to clean the cabin again, and the Bickering and constant arguing between the group began. Sasha had stolen something and Armin tried to convince her to put it back, which escalated to an argument between him and Jean as he jumped in to defend her. Eren sat down with Mikasa who had finished their chores, rolling their eyes at their childish behaviour.

"Jesus, I hate it when it gets like this."

"You and me both Eren. Hey after this is finally done, wanna go with Armin to the fields?"

"H-How about, just me and you? Just a walk in the fields." Eren nervously said with Mikasa smiling at him, putting her hand on top of his shaky hand.

"I'd love that." She agreed. The door then got booted in with everyone jumping to see Levi walk on in, and fear shook all of them.

"What is all this bickering about?!" Levi asked the blind pigs with some shrugging and some stuttering. He then went to the table and rubbed his finger along the wood from under the table, examining his fingertip to see dirt and mould which he tutted in disgust.

"Jean! Why didn't you clean the table like you're told to do?" Levi hissed.

"I-I swear we did! Look we were just talking and things got a little out of control..."

"Shut up! Clean it now!"

"What?! Why?! We just finished!"

"Fine... Mikasa, Eren, clean under the table."

"Yes, Captain." They both said getting cloths each as Levi looked back over at Jean with half-lifted eyes.

"At least they do what they're asked of them." He said letting the others go while Mikasa and Eren did the table again.

"I don't get it... it's not like Jean to argue with Levi like that."

"It's his fault, besides, it's nice to just be on our own." She blurted out, only to widen her eyes at what she said. Eren blushed at her comment, who was hiding her face under her scarf. He smiled and carried on cleaning the table.

Later on that night, the others were forced to clean the cabin again, while Eren and Mikasa were excused from punishment. Hange and Levi were about to go back to headquarters before Eren ran over out of breath.

"Hey, captain!" Eren's voice called out to him, making him turn and look to see Eren panting, out of breath.

"Yes, Eren?" Levi asked with a bothered tone.

"I just wanted to ask if me and Mikasa can go walk in the fields tonight?" He asked nervously. He went to say no but because Hange didn't want this to be prolonged, she answered first, granting him access to leave.

"Yes... now run along. Me and Levi have some business to attend to."

"O-okay! Thank you so much, I'll owe you!"

"You already owe me!" Levi shouted back as he got on his horse and left. Eren went back to Mikasa who was waiting for him at the gate, wearing her pink jacket and skirt. He took her hand, making her blush, being pulled along by Eren as they walked hand in hand into the night.

In the fields, the cold air breezed past Eren's brunette hair, making Mikasa look to see it moving with the wind, as she smiled. He turned to look at her but then she moved away looking somewhere else. They then stopped on a hill, as Eren lay down on his back, Mikasa looking confused at him who just smiled at her. He patted down next to him, offering her to join him, which she blushed lightly, sitting down but not lying down, which was fine. Eren recently had been spending more time with Mikasa, which she found odd, seeing as he never did before, but she wasn't complaining.