mystery. : 003

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍

: "ᴘᴏᴏғ.."

"Bye!" Trayden yelled and waved to his favorite teacher as he ran out of the classroom and pulled his backpack on his shoulder. Soon he felt the presence of his friend as he felt a hard grip on his backpack.

Immediately, he knew who it was, his best friend, Kevin.

They'd been friends forever and had never really split apart and hadn't ever even thought about doing so. And still, to this day, even after ten years of friendship, they are still going strong.

Kevin cackled towards his friend as his long, dark curls practically covered his eyes. "Dude! She likes you! I'm telling you!" He yelled as they pushed their way through and out the old school doors. They had been decorated with green and red tinsel for the coldest time of year.

Snow had already filled the ground as their musty Vans stomped on the perfectly neat and white snow.

Trayden just chuckled at Kevin's comment and ran towards the corner of the building like always. He took out his Christmas themed skateboard from his empty backpack. As Kevin followed behind him making his black, baggy pants bounce up and down on his legs. The farther they got, the less screams and laughs they heard from their classmates.

It was finally Christmas break so of course they were yelling and pushing to get out.

"Yer real dumb, ya know?" Trayden finally said back to the tanned skinned boy as he caught his breath.

Kevin huffed and rolled his eyes while crossing his arms and pouting at his friend. "Yeah, I know that Tray. -But I don't care. And actually, I really do know because she's always staring at you!!" He paused, "It's actually kinda creepy, not gonna lie.."

Trayden walked through the door as his younger sister followed. She had (annoyingly) caught up to him as he was skateboarding home on the shoveled sidewalk after he'd left Kevin behind to go home like usual. Once again they had been arguing. "I'm just wondering Tray! Shit bro no need to get all pressed-"

"Shut up n' jus go away you little-” His eyes quickly darted to their father sitting on the couch. "...booty noodle" His sister let out a very loud roar of laughter.

"PFFT- BOOTY NOODLE- That's all you got big brother?" She laughed harder as he rolled his eyes and walked up the stairs aggressively. "See ya later.. booty noodle!!" She yelled out back at him.

Trayden rolled his eyes and marched to his room slamming the door. "I hate you." He spoke quietly.

"Luv you too, you little-"

"Be nice to your brother, Sis." Her father spoke.

The whole family called her 'Sis' because she really didn't like her name. Her parents only use it when they were upset or scolding her for something.

Which happened every once and awhile.

Her mother really didn't understand why she hated her name, it meant beautiful, in Filipino. And it's true, she was a very pretty girl for being only fifteen.

But she just really didn't want to argue with her daughter about something as simple as a name.

Sis' father continued to sip his can of Zero Sugar Sprite as he did every day after his first shift of the day was over. The way he worked was weird, he went to work at four in the morning and came back at two thirty-five but then he went back at three just to do the same thing.

He didn't complain. It paid the bills, they could still afford good gifts for birthdays and Christmas'.

That's enough for him.