• reddit story 1 •

"AITA, for breaking up with my boyfriend of 8 years?"

Hi, I'm charlotte and i'm 25 years old. My boyfriend and i are together for almost 8 years, We were considered as the "lovey dovey" couple back in highschool. We used to be so loving and caring until we decided to live-in together in a small apartment.

My boyfriend had a crazy obsessive mother who often threatens me if I don't break up with her son and throw insults like "You're not the perfect woman for my son." it did hurt me pretty much but I just brushed it off.

But tonight was the night I had enough of her, my boyfriend decided to propose to me and i was so fulfilling happy. We decided to throw a party at our apartment considering it was small but we only invited some people who were close.

My boyfriend who is now my fiànce invited his "mother" which triggered me but I didn't say anything. Of course who wants their future husband to be upset? no one right?

"She" arrived at OUR APARTMENT and just barged in without knocking and went straight to kiss my fiànce from the lips which shocked me.

Her eyes later turned to me and rolled it back. I just wish she got food poisoning.

I am literally so upset to see that my husband isn't spending his time with me in our celebration of our proposal, Instead spending it with his mother. I'm sure i was the first woman he loves besides his mother.

I was too busy to confront him since i had to entertain a bunch of guest, my fiànce was drunk as ever and continued to go to our shared bedroom together with my mother-in-law, I was aware of this and barged in the room, My mother-in-law was this close to flush our ring in the toilet with a devil look plastered on her face.

I totally caught her right in the spot and broke up with my boyfriend, Sure she hated me that much to the point I have to break up with the love of my life, I'm not gonna marry a guy where i'm not welcome to their family.

So the question is, am i the asshole for breaking up with him?

A/n: put your honest reviews here. :)