CHAPTER 9

Mei's pov:

The fight between baby Wei and zixuan didn't happen...since they had somehow become friends. That didn't mean that the peacock zixuan accepted Yanli, but it didn't come out as much problem. There were times in which peacock and I shared some moments together, like those late night talks. Since we somehow ended up meeting at night times, those nights were filled with nightmares. I never knew his reason. And those were the perfect times, which I tried to make him understand that Yanli's is a good person. And this was one such night, the nightmare in which the og owner was beaten till he was all red and purple just for doing better at archery that the devil daquing , replayed on my mind till I couldn't differentiate between the reality and the illusion.

These were the nights, in which walking under the moonlight with the cold breeze caressing the whole being. The sound of the crickets and the wind makes a pleasant sound that can calm the raging storms of the heart. It was what I needed. To be peaceful.

At a distance, I saw someone sitting and gazing at the stars that were shining brightly above. Even from the distance, I could tell who he was.

Me: zixuan...

Zixuan: daquing...

After we acknowledged each other's presence, there was no further conversation between us. But after a long time, the comfortable silence was broken

Zixuan: I wonder how it feels to be without any burdens or compulsions, to just live a mundane life.

Me: it will be very mundane, I guess.

Zixuan let a low chuckle,

Zixuan: Right...it'll be mundane. Do you believe in fate daquing?

Me: I don't, and I don't want to believe in it.

Zixuan: Why so? People always talk so highly about fate.

Me: Then those are the people who never knew true suffering.

I knew zixuan could feel the bitterness in my tone.

Zixuan: But I believe in fate, though.

Me: And I'm not taking back what I said.

Once again, the silence fell upon us. But again, it was broken by the damn peacock,

Zixuan: I wanted to ask you something...

What is it now?

Me: What?

Zixuan: You used to be cuter when you were all formal with me.

Huh?!

Me:...

Zixuan: Aye... don't be angry, I was just teasing you.

Me: I'll just walk away now

Zixuan: Sit down daquing, I was just playing.

This guy is so ooc. I can't keep up with him.

Zixuan: Why do you always talk so highly of Yanli to me? I sometimes think that you have a crush on her.

What the hell? Dude, I'm gay.

Me: Just because I feel that she's good for you.

Zixuan was surprised to hear that,

Zixuan: Because you feel like it?! You're kidding, right?

Me: Wei and Cheng tell so many great and cute things about her.