#3. Bol Do Na Zara

[This is written based on the episodes where KT got a contract for Nandini's marriage. Here however, Nandini's face is not hidden behind a veil]

Calling it frustration was an understatement. This contract was grandmother of all the headaches combined. KT sighed pinching the bridge of his nose. Why was his life a whirlpool of mess? Every passing day brought him a little closer to loosing Preeti ji. And only he knew, he dreaded every shred of it. But she was just so stubborn, if only she would give him a chance.

No, it was more like;he blew up each one he got. He was pretty distressed about the situation he was in, and her estranged behavior put him off all the more. And then there were those freak acci—

His stomping came to a halt, as he saw Arjun slip behind a pillar, his mannerisms suspicious. What was he up to now?! If he didn't want to be cleaning up after another mess of Arjun's, it was better to thwart his attempt while he was at it. And with that decided, KT followed after Arjun. He saw the young man halt a few meters from the pool side, crouching behind a pull cart of refreshments. KT focused his gaze hard, as Arjun fished out a skateboard from his bag, and placed it on the ground, moving it to and fro as if to check it's working.

"What is he planning?" KT murmured troubled, scanning the area for any clue or possible targets. Only a few friends of Arjun occupied the pool while his mother stood on the other side, enjoying drinks with friends of her own. And then there was Preeti ji, coming from his opposite direction, her gaze on her notes, her ears and lips busy on the Bluetooth conveying instructions and her feet on fire as always. Forever in a hurry. He smiled adoringly, and turned around to leave, when suddenly the smile left his lips and he whipped his head around to see Arjun positioning the skateboard, his focus fixed on Preeti Ji's pace.

It can't be. Why would he?

KT waited, as he saw Preeti rush along the corner of pool,and then Arjun slid the skateboard in her direction. Eyes widening, KT broke into a run.

"Preeti ji, STOPPP!!"Shouting at the top of his lungs, KT ran towards her as Preeti looked up in the nick of time, her pace simmering considerably as the skateboard missed its mark and instead of Preeti, it swept away at KT'S feet. At an arms distance, as KT lost his balance and flailed his arms for support, a baffled Preeti tried to hold him steady but by then KT was already falling and so his momentum swept Preeti off her balance too.

As a loud splash followed, the laughter, ladies were sharing over the drinks died down, and they all turned their attention towards the commotion.

KT appeared first, his perfect hair now a messy blob interfering with his eyes, his mouth full of water. Irritated, he pushed the hairs back and spit out the water. And then he heard his name.

"KT ji!", Preeti pleaded-shouted, emerging from under the water, and going in again, failing to keep afloat.

Turning around swiftly, KT forwarded his hand and catching hold of hers pulled her towards him, as a very scared Preeti latched onto him, her arms going around his neck in a desperate attempt to cling to her life.

KT froze. The feel of her breath against his face, and the vibrations of her fear reverberating into his body stunned him. His hands hovered in uncertainty, clenching and unclenching, while his heart thudded. It wasn't beating quickly. NO, it beat loud and slow, meaningfully so, each beat echoing in his ears. And his muscles tensed, his stomach muscles especially coiling and uncoiling in a funny way. Jaw tightening, he lightly tapped against her back, as Preeti's eyes flew open and she pulled back ever so slowly, still clutching onto his shoulders as her feet were yet to feel the rigidity of the ground, just his sturdy support.