Dance Partners-H.P

Y/E/C- your eye colour.

Harry Potter

As the Yule Ball approached, excitement buzzed through the air at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The Great Hall was adorned with sparkling decorations, and the students' chatter filled the castle corridors. YN, a Hogwarts student, found themselves in a mix of nerves and anticipation. Attending the Yule Ball was a dream, but the preparations were proving to be a daunting task.

One day, while YN was contemplating dance moves in the Hogwarts library, they noticed Harry Potter, the hero of the wizarding world, engrossed in a book about magical dances. Gathering the courage, YN approached him. "Um, hi, Harry. Do you know, uh, how to waltz?" YN stuttered, feeling a bit self-conscious.

Harry looked up, a warm smile on his face. "Hey, YN. I'm not an expert, but I've been practicing for the ball. Want to give it a try?"

Grateful for the offer, YN nodded, and together they moved to an open space. Harry patiently guided YN through the basic steps, their hands finding a comfortable position. With each graceful movement, YN felt more at ease, and soon they were twirling around the library, laughing at their occasional missteps.

In the following days, Harry and YN became dance partners, meeting in secret spots around Hogwarts to practice. They stumbled and laughed, gradually improving their dance skills. Between their practice sessions, they explored the wizarding world's most elegant robe shops, helping each other choose the perfect outfits for the ball.

One afternoon, as they browsed through dress robes at Diagon Alley, YN caught Harry staring at a set of Y/E/C robes. "These would match your eyes," Harry said, a faint blush creeping up his cheeks.

Smiling, YN replied, "And these emerald robes would match your famous green eyes, Harry." They shared a knowing look, appreciating the sentiment behind the words.

As the Yule Ball night approached, Harry and YN found themselves growing closer. Late-night conversations in the common room became a regular occurrence. They talked about their dreams, fears, and the pressures of being students in a wizarding world that often demanded too much from them.

On the night of the Yule Ball, they stood in front of the mirror, dressed in their elegant robes. Harry, his hair neatly combed, looked dashing, while YN felt a mix of nervousness and excitement. They shared a glance, realizing that the ball had brought them together in unexpected ways.

As they entered the Great Hall, the magical atmosphere took their breath away. The enchanted ceiling was adorned with twinkling stars, and soft music filled the air. Taking a deep breath, Harry extended his hand to YN. "May I have this dance?"

With a smile, YN placed their hand in his, feeling a surge of confidence. They glided onto the dance floor, their movements synchronized as if they had been dancing together for years. The worries of the outside world faded away, and for that moment, they were lost in the enchantment of the Yule Ball.

As the night came to an end, they found themselves outside the castle, beneath the starlit sky. "Thank you for being my dance partner, Harry," YN said, gratitude and affection in their eyes.

Harry smiled, his gaze soft. "Thank you for being mine, YN. I never expected the Yule Ball to turn into such a magical night."

They stood there, the world around them quiet and serene, realizing that sometimes, unexpected moments could lead to the most beautiful connections. With a gentle touch, Harry brushed a strand of hair from YN's face, and in that simple gesture, they both understood that their bond would extend far beyond the Yule Ball night.

And under the canopy of stars, in the quiet moments between heartbeats, they shared a promise—a promise of friendship, understanding, and the magic of unexpected beginnings.