Rocky start

———-

"I cant believe that." Victorias voice echoed through my phone.

I sighed leaning back on my bed frame, "This is just as hard for me as it is for you." I say with genuine sadness.

"Moving to Flordias crazy, your parents are crazy, all of this is crazy." Victoria said in slight frustration as it built in her voice.

"Ok but this job opportunity will benefit me and my family we had to Vic, I'm sorry. You have all those friends anyway why is it gonna be any different that I left New Hampshire?" I said fighting back.

"That's not the point June, you dont get it. You were my best friend how am I-" My phone sprang into loud vibrates as my mom called me on the phone, Victorias voice muffled in the back of the buzzing.

"Ok, ok, im sorry but I really gotta go, bye Vic." I said hastily as my finger darted to the pick up button for the contact name, "Mom".

I sighed putting the phone to my ear, "Hello?" I spoke out.

"Hey June, just wanted to let you know that me and your dad will be home soon so please start getting ready, were gonna pick up a few things and we want you here with us." She spoke with ease.

I could feel my moms big smile radiate through the phone, "Yeah I'll be downstairs in a minute to wait for you guys." I said, groaning under my breathe as I got up from my comfortable bed and began heading to my closet.

My mom took notice to the sound of the bed springs lifting, "Alright June baby I'll see you later."

"Ok mom love you."

"Love you by-" Her voice cut off as she hung up on me.

I got ready in jean shorts and a pink crop-top, to finish it off I put some white socks on and did all my other usual morning routines like brushing my teeth/hair and doing my makeup. It was a hot day in Florida as I walked down the stairs to turn the AC on, clicking a button in the fancy white coated house.

I took a bowl from the cabinet, just barely reaching it. Slipping out my hand the bowl lands and shatters on the countertop in-front of me. I spring back and groan in frustration as I sweep it into the nearby trash can, careful not to cut myself. I use a towel to wipe any small glass shards.

"Lets try this again." As I try reaching for another bowl, the door in the back rustling as I stop in my movements to look who it is.

My dad and mom walk through the door, "Looks like no cereal for me." I sigh closing the cabinet.

"Hey June!" My mom said, "Weve gotta get going soon did you eat anything?"

"No," I exclaimed, "Or I tried to at least." I rolled my eyes at the thought of the bowl broken on the counter just before they came.

"Well would you like some eggs?" My mom asked.

"Im allergic to eggs, remember?" I said scoffing a bit.

"Oh that's right, maybe cereal?" She spoke again.

"Why not." I said smiling as I sat down on the couch next to my dad as he flipped through the tv channels.

-

I finished up my cereal and we were out the house, my mom complimenting my outfit as we all got in the car.

My dad spoke about his new job opportunity as it is to why we moved and I quietly listened as we drove to a furniture store. We got out the car and quickly entered, I was let loose by my parents as I adventured the store.

Right as my legs gave up I sat on a couch the store was selling, relaxing in it's cushions as I went on instagram.

I posted a picture on my instagram of my luggage captioned, *Here I come Flordia.*

I slightly laughed at the post, the post quickly gaining views as I smiled at all the new users liking it. I turned my phone off as I heard my name being called from a different section of the store. I lazily got up off the couch and looked for the commotion being made with my name.

"You need me?" I asked in curiosity.

"Yeah were leaving." My mom said as me and my dad followed closely behind, we walked out the store and headed for our car, eventually sitting in it.

I buckled myself up in the back seat and checked my instagram, a new follower.

Something told me to check and as I looked my eyes widened. A verified creator?

My mouth hung open in shock as I checked that he liked my post and followed me. The name read, "Ben, Shelton." I quickly clicked on his page to find many posts on tennis and how he looked. I was in awe that he followed me and quickly followed the curly brown haired boy back trying not to scream in his cuteness.

Authors note: It might take me a bit to write chapters so I apologize about that but my chapters will most likely be this long, sorry for any spelling errors im too lazy to take time and read through it so please lmk if anything doesn't sound right, love ya💞.