Chapter 1: "What the hell...?"

Jewel was in a large argument with her family, the last thing she remembered before appearing in front of a large building was kicking her mother.

She felt quite dizzy, though brushed it off. She took in the sights of the place. Looked like some sort of schoolhouse. She sighed. She hated school. Always getting in trouble for bullshit reasons, she was just having a little fun.

She groaned as she reluctantly entered the building. She was met with somebody in a wheelchair.
"Uh...hello?" Jewel asked cautiously.
He turned around and smiled at her.
"Hello, new student! My name is Dave!"
He was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt, had brown hair, and had grey prosthetics that shimmered when hit with light. The thing most noticeable about him? His blind lazy eye. Well, Jewel assumed he was blind in that eye because it was light grey.
"I assume you probably want to leave..." Dave said to her.

Jewel almost burst out laughing. "Home? Me? No, no, no! I will not be going home anytime soon!"
Dave tilted his head.
"You...don't wanna go home? But why?"
Jewel paused.
"Listen, my home life sucked. This school might even be better than my other one, honestly. So, what do I have to do anyways?"
Dave thought for a moment.
"Well...there's no use standing here with me. You might as well go collect some papers. It's like..an activity."
Jewel shrugged and went into the first classroom. She picks up a paper and starts to work. 5x5, 25, 9x7, 63, and 3x6, 18. Easy.

This math? Tolerable.

Other math though? Nah.