Chapter Eleven

Adrian Alcado
Niveous

Adrian didn't sleep. He tossed and turned, processing the fact that his mother was a murderer and basically the equivalent to an evil dictator.

How did everything change so quickly? How could I have not known everything all this time? My mother, who changed my diapers, killed the woman who changed Sebastians. To be honest I'm pretty sure I had a nanny to change my diapers. Mom was apparently busy getting away with murder.

Now, he was exhausted, walking through the forest with everyone. Amber continued to drown Niamh with questions but Adrian paid no attention. He had enough on his mind.

He hasn't said much since his mother's little visit. He felt guilty for betraying his mother but also guilty for what she had done. His only purpose was to inherit Bellātor and seemingly lead a supremacist group. Was he now useless to his mom?

He felt backed into a corner and he had no idea what to do.

"Jennifer has the stone!" Niamh nearly shouted. Adrian was suddenly pulled back into reality.

"Well yeah, we told you, she trapped us here," Sion said.

"The war has been stalled for fifteen years because Paisley hid those gems. Now that Jennifer is in possession of one, and not just any one but the Fērox stone... This is bad."

Adrian's head hurt at this point.

Niamh went dead silent and everyone turned to look at her. She was zoned out and staring at a tree with glowing purple eyes.

Adrian looked to Amber as if she had the answer. Amber looked just as concerned.

"Uh, Niamh?" Sakiya started. She waved her hand in front of Niamh's face but Niamh didn't break from her trance.

"We broke our travel guide," Sion said.

Judyta walked up to Niamh and touched her shoulder, immediately Niamh snapped out of it. Her sudden jolt caused Sebastian to flinch.

"Oh sorry," she laughed. "Was talking to other ARO's."

"ARO's?" Sion asked.

"Armed Royal Officials," Amber said to him.

"Give me one more second," Niamh said before once again entering her creepy trance.

"Do you think she can hear us?" Sion asked. Amber shrugged in response.

Sakiya went back to waving her hand in front of Niamh while Judyta walked around her, looking fascinated. They all stood in the forest like sitting ducks.

"Okay!" Niamh piped up, this time causing everyone to flinch. "We will carry on walking this way." Her tone was bright but not loud.

Everyone followed behind Niamh, exchanging confused glances.

Walking was long and boring. Nobody spoke except Judyta and Niamh. The pair were leading the group, so engulfed in their own conversation they were oblivious to anyone else.

Sebastian and Sakiya were walking behind everyone, whispering to each other quite frequently. Adrian and Sion walked next to Amber, both as silent as her.

Up ahead the forest cleared a bit, revealing a small village. Once they're all closer they see the dirt path turn into an unkept gravel path. The houses were a deep red and easily blend into the forest backdrop.

Each lightpost had meticulous detail. Amber walked towards the post and pointed out a brownish stone in the center of the detail.

"Oh that's a carnelian crystal," Judyta said from behind Amber, scaring her half to death.