I.

THIS DAY WAS almost like any other day in LaPush.

The clouds were a dark gray and hung low over the tree line. It wasn't raining but anyone could see that it had just poured, the many puddles and dark concrete a big give away of this. And anyone could guess that it would for sure start pouring again in a short time.

But one person didn't seem to care.

While everyone was inside their houses, cuddled up with their family on this rainy Saturday, she walked through the empty streets, clad in her favorite yellow rain jacket, her feet protected by brown, worn out cowboy boots, the bottoms of her flared jeans being already soaked, because she couldn't possibly avoid every puddle in her way.

Finally, she too disappeared inside one of the houses lined up next to the street that had a big sign on it reading Agora in bold letters. A few cars were parked outside the restaurant, though, as the girl entered she noticed that, in spite of the bad weather, most of the tables were filled with people checking their menus, chatting or already eating.

Quickly she shrugged off her jacket, braided her hair and went behind the counter to grab her apron. "You're a bit late, Nicole, aren't you?" A voice spoke up behind her, scaring the poor girl.

"I'm really sorry Danielle, I thought I could come with my scooter, but then my mom said I had to walk, because it's too dangerous to drive with it when it's raining and our car's still getting fixed," Nicole apologized profusely, still a bit frustrated by her coming late. She hated not being punctual.

Danielle just smiled up at the taller girl, "Oh, it doesn't matter, better safe than sorry. I already took some orders, you continue, I'll go to the kitchen to help Elijah."

"Alright," Nicole responded, grabbing a notepad and pen before making her way to one of the tables and starting her work.

"You know, you really deserve the title employee of the month," Elijah said to Nicole as the two of them cleaned some of the tables.

Nicole laughed at that. "I'm the only employee here. You and Danielle are the owners. But go on, give me that title, I'm sure it'll look good on my resume."

Now Elijah also laughed as he walked away with his hands full of dirty plates. "You're right, but we really appreciate you helping us out here. We never expected this place to get so many customers."

"I did expect that," Danielle spoke up as she walked up to them, taking the plates from her husband's hands. "You just didn't believe me and my gut feeling."

Nicole smiled as the two began their usual friendly banter. She loved working here. The atmosphere of this restaurant always managed to make her feel at peace, especially with how friendly Elijah and Danielle were to her and the fact that she earned money also wasn't all that bad.

The bell chimed again, signaling the arrival of new customers. The two owners disappeared into the kitchen, still arguing whether or not they had believed in this little restaurant.

Nicole put on her service smile and went over to the group of boys that had sat down on one of the tables.

This table was by far her favorite, because for one it was in a corner in the far back, a bit away from all of the others. Ivy was hanging from a shelf and covered one part of the wall, on the other part of the wall, hung a big painting of a mountain group that merges into a big, colorful forest. At the bottom of the painting was a big meadow with a small church standing in its middle. Danielle painted this scene when she went on a solo trip through Italy 10 years ago.

"Hello, do you already know what I can get you?" Nicole addressed the group of boys that she knew from seeing them around school.

One of the boys smirked, "How about your number?"

Nicole laughed at the joke, or what she at least hoped to be a joke. "Oh, so you haven't looked into the menu, because we don't offer that."

Thankfully, the boys began laughing at her response and continued to order something each. Nicole, taking a liking to them, brought them their drinks with a big smile on her face and their glasses filled up a bit more than she usually would.

Hours of work passed by and slowly, Nicole began to clean some tables and get everything ready for closing hour. There were still a few customers left, but they too, were on their way out of the small restaurant.

"Sorry to bother, we still need to pay what's left of our table," one of the few remaining boys she had talked to earlier, told her.

Nicole nodded and quickly got out their bill, if they would leave, she could go home soon. "Here you go. I hope you enjoyed everything here."

The boy smiled brightly, his dimples now being on full display, "Thank you! I really like it here. By the way, my name's Seth and this is my friend, David."

"That's nice to hear. My name's Nicole," she smiled softly at the two boys, stifling a yawn as they paid.

"You go to school here on the reservation, right? I think I saw you there some time." Seth spoke again, he really was talkative, his friend, not so much.

Nicole nodded, "Yes, though I wasn't here last year, because I did a sort of exchange year in Port Angeles for volleyball."

"That sounds amazing. Well, we'll go so you can close up, but I hope I'll see you around school," Seth said as he waved one last time at her and left with his friend, having noticed how tired Nicole was.

"Bye!" She shouted after them, with a smile on her face and waving back at him.

HOPE:

so i decided to write this seth clearwater fanfic because i love him and he deserves more love. i have already written like the first fifteen chapters i think and just need to edit them.

tell me how you like it so far and vote on this story!