VII.

THE DATE WAS  going well so far.

The two had made it safely to the beach, without Seth falling off the scooter and had already eaten the pizza they bought, while sitting on a log and watching the waves crash on the shore. Now, they were just sitting on the log and talking about everything and nothing.

All of a sudden, Seth got up and stretched his hand out for Nicole to take. Without hesitating, the girl took it and pulled herself up with his help. "Can you dance?"

Nicole shook her head, remembering all of the failed dance classes she had taken as a kid. "But I can try, if you know how to lead."

With a smile, Seth pulled the girl closer to him, placing his hand softly on her hip and she put her's on his shoulder, brushing his hair away in a swift motion. With a smile on his face he began counting, and slowly taught Nicole the steps to his favorite dance. She was catching on quickly and not long after did they start spinning each other around, loud laughter echoing from their spot on the beach.

Even though there was no music, they danced until they had left their traces deeply in the sand beneath their feet and their stomachs hurt from all the laughter. When they did finally stop dancing, they never let go of each other's hands, picking up the trash together and then they walked around the beach as they fell into a comfortable silence.

"It's getting late, maybe we should head home," Nicole spoke up, even if she didn't want to, though it was getting dark quickly and she didn't like driving in the dark.

With Seth telling her where he lived, Nicole drove through the streets of LaPush, finally coming to a halt in front of the Clearwater house. It was a small house, with only one storey and a car parked in front of the building and judging by the dries out plants there had to be a garden in the back.

As Seth hugged Nicole goodbye, the two didn't even notice the two very noisy females standing at the kitchen window, watching their every move and whispering to each other about how cute they looked.

"Thanks for today, I really enjoyed it," Nicole told Seth as she put her helmet back on. "I hope we can do this again."

Seth nodded eagerly, his cheeks turning red from excitement, "For sure, next time I promise to take you fishing. I'll teach you everything you need to know about it."

"I'm looking forward to it." With this, Nicole drove off, the smile on her face not faltering for the whole ride home and even when she got home, she still smiled as she went to her room and noticed that she had accidentally kept Seth's hoodie.

After having showered, Nicole finally took out her phone and called Cecelia to tell her everything about the wonderful day she had. She couldn't wait for another date like this.

"When's your next date, then?" Cecelia asked as she noticed Nicole searching the corridors for a certain someone.

"I don't know, but I hope soon." Giving up, Nicole turned to her locker and got out her books.

"Ugh, I also want to have a boyfriend," Cecelia groaned as they went to their shared class.

With her cheeks turning a light pink, Nicole responded, "First off all, don't be so loud, he could hear you and second, he isn't my boyfriend."

Cecelia rolled her eyes. "Yet. I can almost smell it, by the beginning of December you two will be the couple of our school."

Nicole just shook her head. "No way, we have the middle of November right now. I don't think that we'll move that fast."

"But you will move, see?" The shorter girl pointed out. "Even you know that you two will make the perfect couple. Speaking of which, there he is."

Nicole almost snapped her neck when turning her head so fast in the direction Cecelia was pointing to. "What are you even talking about, he isn't there."