i dont know

Alright, so I guess it all started a couple years ago when we ran away from home. Dragged along by my older sister, we’d had enough of it. Our parents, having to keep the house clean, the constant barging into our business, we weren’t allowed to use the computers without one of them signing into it and activating the Wifi, even then we had a time limit. But the last straw was that we were hardly even let out of the house. Our brothers were still young, they couldn’t make it out where we were going, and they were alright. As far as we knew.
“Stop. Nova, stop. I can’t- run any farther-” I panted, and she reluctantly stopped with a sigh. The backpack was plopped beside me, and we sat down on the side of the road. A car drove by, splashing us with muddy water from last night’s rain storm. I heard a growl of annoyance, and looked over at my poor sister. She tried to keep us all together, but at the expense of her own health. Her brown hair, usually so fluffy and curly, was hanging limply down her back in a greasy braid. The brown eyes that usually held laughter and could read my soul, they were tired and had a depressed look to them.
I put my hand on her leg, and she looked at me. I felt a twinge of sympathy at the bruise on her forehead and all the smaller ones peeking from the neck of her shirt. “Let’s keep going, okay?” I murmured, and she nodded with a small smile. We were halfway to our Auntie’s house in Manchester, and we started walking again.

“Well, what a- what happened to you two?!” Aunty asked us. We were disheveled and quite frankly, looked like crap. We probably smelled like it too.