Girl From the Zombie Apocalypse

(DISCLAIMER: UNFINISHED LIKE THE OTHERS BUT INTERESTING I THINK)

Story Line:
A girl, Mary Allen, gets sent back in time from the Zombie Apocalyptic Era, to present day NYC. She is on a mission to gather information on how the Apocalypse started. She’s supposed to gather info, report back, and destroy the source before it can spread. She gets sidetracked by Eliza Nexus, who teaches her how to be a normal person, after Mary gets in trouble with the NYPD. Eliza gets caught up in the frenzy to find Mary, who is proclaimed to be dangerous, and helps her save humanity before the Apocalypse can start.
Again.

I walk through the halls of the safehouse, which is made in an old high school. People are in the different rooms, preparing. Some people make weapons, and others test them. More people make food and supply bags. Still more make gadgets, and tinker with the remainders of old ones. Adults, children, teens, infants. Everyone has a job to do. Parents teach the younglings to fight and survive. Training starts at the age of three.
Sad? A little. But I’ve been training since I was their age. I’m fourteen summers old now. We don’t count years, months, or days. We count by seasons. Each season you gain, the higher up you go in the training pyramid. I’m two seasons away from becoming an Adult, something that all the children look forward to.
Why, you ask?
Because the world I live in is infested with Zombies.
I finally make it to my destination. Having been summoned by the Head Scientist, Dr. Aru Isla, I enter the lab, seeing him in the very back. “Mary?” he croaked, turning his head towards me. His crinkly, half-blind eyes are magnified a hundred times by his spectacles, which seem precariously perched on his tiny nose. “Yes, sir.” I replied, respectfully kneeling in front of him.
He chuckles softly. “Mary Rose Allen, stand up. I may be the Head Scientist, but I’m still only your grandfather.” Leaning down, he takes my arm, and pulls me up. “Yes, Opa.” I say with a smile.
Opa smiles back at me, but it doesn’t reach his eyes. He sighs quietly, and pulls me into a hug. “W-what is this for?” I ask, laughing a little. It was a nervous laugh, and he knew it. Releasing me from the hug, Opa turned away, not looking at me in the eyes. “You’re a wonderful Survivor, Mary.” he says. “A wonderful, wonderful Survivor. Oh yes, Mary, you are the best yet.”
This is starting to scare me, and hardly anything ever scares me. My Opa is always to the point, clear and concise. Never has he ever dodged anything this way. “What’s wrong?”  I ask hesitantly. He draws a deep rattly  breath, and lets it out slowly. “Mary, I-” he clears his throat, shaking his head. “There’s… something we need to talk about, dear.”
It takes some difficulty to control my breathing, and to keep my movements smooth, keep my entire body from shaking. Has Opa finally lost it? I mean, he’s been exposed to all kinds of toxic chemicals and elements in here, and the real world, maybe he’s going crazy?
‘No, Mary, no. Opa’s NOT going crazy, we just need to talk.’ I say to myself.
Instead I say, “Do you need to sit down, Opa?” and take his hand, already leading him to a chair. “That would probably be best, my dear.” he says quietly. He sits in the chair, and I drag over another, and sit facing him. “You wanted to speak to me?” I remind him softly. “Yes, yes.” he clears his throat again, and looks me full in the face.
“We- the other scientists and I- have been speaking, and… there’s no cure for Solanum.” he says. My heart drops. So that’s it. There’s no cure for my parents. Solanum is the chemical substance that makes zombies... well, zombies. “That’s it?” I whisper. “No, Mary, you didn’t let me finish. There’s no cure, but there’s the possibility we can stop everything before it started.”
Huh? “What’s that supposed to mean, Opa?” I ask, a look of confusion crosses my face, and he nervously coughs into his elbow. “I mean, Mary,” he starts, cautiously excited, “We could go back in time, and stop the Zombie Apocalypse before it even starts!” he finishes, suddenly standing up.
“What?” I ask incredulously. Alright, he’s definitely lost his mind. “Opa, sit down, sit down. Opa, please.” I plead. But he doesn’t listen. “No, Mary, you don’t understand. We can send someone back in time. We’ve finally figured out the answer!” he says, cleaning his glasses and starts to pace around the room.
“How do we go back? How many people can?” I ask. More questions race through my mind, but I steady my breath and try to keep calm. Opa calms down as well. “Well, uh, only one person. And we’ve designed nanobots, that work, Mary, they actually work, the nanobots can teleport you in time.” he says.
“Wow.” I breathe. “Wh- who are you going to choose who goes?”
“Actually, it was unanimous. Considering that this person is the best in their class, top notch in everything, and has the sense to keep calm under immense  pressure,” he pauses. “We all chose you, my dear.” he says softly, and smiles at me, the proudest smile in the zombie-ridden world. My mouth drops open in shock. “What? Why me? How? What? Oh my gosh…” It’s a LOT of pressure to put on a girl. Especially a girl of my age. In this stage in life, girls are completely unpredictable. I’ve observed from my corner of the dorm room, and the girls’ bathroom.
“Now, I know it’s a little difficult to comprehend… Er, understand… oh boy…” Opa trailed off. I started to take deep breaths, and I actually calmed down as soon as he did that, because, well, he’s so (and I’m putting this as politely as possible, I promise!) old, that he’ll get worked up if I do, sooooo….. yeah.
“Opa, I’m fine.” I say with a laugh. “Oh, okay then.” He chuckles. “This is what I’m talking about. You can control your emotions like no one else on this base can.” I smile. Another scientist walks in the lab. He turns away suddenly, and busies himself. “Dismissed, Mary Allen.” he says. I sigh inwardly. Nothing but cold dismissal.
I walk to my dorm, and pack my bag. Nobody’s in there.
Technically, people don’t exactly know that Opa and I are related. I don’t look anything like him. I mean, my blonde hair, green eyes, and permanently tanned skin versus his graying brown hair, brown eyes, and pale-as-if-I’ve-just-seen-a-ghost skin. Heh heh. And, combined with the fact that scientists aren’t supposed to socialize, we can’t be caught talking. The last person who got caught, was sent on what we all knew was a suicide mission.
Well, that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but you kinda get what I mean.
The door opens behind me, and I whirl around to see it’s my ex-boyfriend, Jason Mohan. “Well, Mary Allen. Didn’t expect to find you here.” he says, and shuts the door, leaning against it. ‘Liar.’ I think. But I don’t say it. No, I’d never say anything like that to him. I learned my lessons on ‘being insubordinate’ to him. So I stand facing Jason, one hand on my hip, and the other snaking around my back to my knife. I’ve carried one since we broke up, for exactly this reason.
“Where ya going, honey?” he asks, leaning forwards, getting in my face. His breath is foul, like the alcohol he’s been drinking. “Where have you been, Jason? I can smell the beer you broke into.” I say, and slowly, cautiously edge towards the edge of the bed, ready to run to the other entrance of the room. I see his eyes are tracking my movements, no matter how sluggish he may seem, so I stop.
Alexis Francine walks into the room, sees us, and slowly backs out the door. She would’ve made it but Jason grabbed her by the shirt and yanked her to him. “How are you, honey?” he asks her in a voice like a cat scratching on a chalkboard. She wrinkles her nose, and turns away from him. “For the last time, Mohan, I’m not your girlfriend.” I can’t help but feel bad for her. I was in that position once. He tries to make advances on her, making me feel sick to my stomach. “Enough, you bug-eaten corpse.” I growl, punching him in the nose, grinning at the crunch of my fist on his face. He howls in pain, letting go of Alexis, and we bolt out of the dorms, running to the girls’ restroom, and locking the door.