CHAPTER 6

"In the laughter and the madness, in the fleeting glances and inside jokes, we find the poetry of the present. Embrace the moment, for in its transient glory lies the eternal whisper of memories yet to be."_unknown

I'm not really happy with the number of reads,votes, and comments
Please put a smile on my face by sharing, voting, leaving comments and reviews
Kamsamida😩❤️

Are you ready ?

Zeerah's POV:

"Ara, how was school today?" My mom's voice, tired but concerned, echoed through our small living room as soon as I settled down.

"It was fine, but that stupid further maths teacher deducted my test mark for no reason," I grumbled, frustration tainting my tone.

"Haba, you don't insult your elders, especially the ones that pass knowledge to you, shogbomi," she scolded gently, her voice a blend of reproach and wisdom.

Nigeria parents ehn...

"What knowledge is that one passing, someone that can't even..." I was abruptly cut off by my mother's prolonged coughing fit. I rushed to fetch a glass of water for her, watching her struggle until the coughing subsided, leaving her breathless.

"As I was saying..." I started again, I was interrupted by another bout of coughing. Each cough seemed to wrack her body, and I couldn't help but worry.

"Ahan, mummy, where did you catch a cold? Let me go and meet Sister Ife, the pharmacist, to get you something to use." Determination filled me as I reached for her purse, knowing I had to act fast to ease her suffering.

"Don't worry, just stay in the shop. I'll go and sleep now... and before I forget, Pepsi is now 200 naira o," she said, her words laced with weariness and pain, yet she managed a faint smile.

"Okay, ma," I replied, my heart heavy with concern. "This headache as started again"I heard her mummer and she walked with a strange, unsteady gait, her hand pressed against her temple as if trying to alleviate the pain.

"Mummy are you okay?"

"Ara I'm fine,I just need to rest a little"

"Okay ma, take care"

"Tell imran to be back inside before 6 o" that was a difficult task because my younger brother Imran was so addicted to ball and their match ends by 7pm.

I was bored so I decided to call Lola

"Zeee!" Lola's voice echoed loudly as soon as she answered the call.

"Why are you screaming like this?" I asked, trying to make sense of her excitement.

"I missed you like crazy!" Lola's words spilled out rapidly. "Probably because your boyfriend isn't online," I teased, my tone light but pointed.

She let out a nervous laugh. "Oya oya you don catch me" she admitted.

I knew he wasn't online because I was chatting with him on my way back from school and he said he had an errand to run

"Honestly, Zeee, how's your boo doing?" Lola inquired playfully

I sighed, with so much exaggeration I could hear her laughing "Lola, he doesn't even like me like that," I confessed, my disappointment evident as usual

"But he likes you," Lola insisted, confusing the hell out of me.

"Ehn...what do you mean"

"Since he likes you in one way , make him like you, you know in the other way, romantically," she suggested, sounding a bit high.