So.. temporary teammate?

"...Alright, then. He can stay with us for a while, if that's the case."Galf said finally, and both Bobo and Jard both looked at each other with a relieved expression.

"Thank you, Galf. He was really scared that you'd send him back."

Bobo started shaking his head frantically, as if to deny what Jard said. Both Jard and Galf laughed, and Bobo just sighed.

"Make sure you guys are working on getting that thing fixed, though. I'm pretty sure I have the tools for it, so if you guys need them, they'll be there."
"Alright, thanks a bunch, Galf!"
"No problem. They're always gonna be in the storage room, so you'll know where to look for them."

Jard and Bobo took mental note of that, and Galf decided to get Bobo settled in, along with some rules.
He led Bobo to his room, which was pretty empty, with the exception of a night stand, a dresser, and a blank futon mattress on the floor.
Bobo sat down on the mattress, criss-crossed, while he listened to Galf list the rules.

Galf's Rules!

1. Please don't steal anything from the store. You'll find yourself in a bad situation, especially if you're not good at the whole nextbot gig.
2. Don't break anything.
3. Don't do anything..questionable. Basically anything that could get you or other people in trouble.
4. Don't bug Galf about salary. (He's trying)
5. Just use common sense. You know how to act.

"Aaand.. that's all, basically. I trust that you'll follow all of those rules, especially that last one." Galf said, as he crossed his arms.

Bobo nodded, keeping the ominous smile on his face.

Jard then came in the room, with the bedding and pillows for Bobo's bed, walking over to Bobo and dropping them on him.
Bobo let out a muffled shriek, as Jard stretched his back, snickering.

"Well, I've got some things I gotta go take care of. Help Bobo with his room, alright?" Galf said, walking out of the room.
"Alright!" Jard called out, then Bobo's head popped up out of the pile of pillows and blankets, as he grumbled.

[ Once they had gotten everything situated, everything was quiet that night. The shop was closed, and the players were doing their own thing. Galf was taking care of tasks, and Jard was getting ready for the next mission. ]

Bobo lied in his bed, as he stared blankly at the ceiling. The room was dark, which was dimly illuminated by the nearby lamp.
He was thinking about something deeply, as he continued to stare into the ceiling. The crickets and cicadas buzzed outside, as Bobo listened to them, hearing how each chirp and buzz was louder or quieter than the last. Although his face didn't seem to show much other emotion than happiness, he started to feel a deep regret.

A part of him knew that deep down, he wasn't really supposed to be here. That's why he had tried running away earlier; not because he was scared of Galf turning him down, but because he didn't want to be in this situation.

So much for sticking to the 'neutrality rule'.

Bobo sighed, closing his eyes and adjusting his posture to be more comfortable.
All he needed to do was fix the device, then he would never have to see these two again. That's all he was here for.

-

(Holy crap, 6 months... well, hello again. Thanks for reading my first book on here!)