Chapter 34 - Finally

A/N: ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've been waiting for-

John's POV:

I stopped a few blocks from Alex's house, twisting the wedding invite nervously in my hands. I stare blankly at the thing in the window, only to see my reflection as I contemplate how Alex would react. I hope he wouldn't get mad and send Peter after me.

No John, no freaking out. It'll be fine.

I enter the store and buy Usnavi and Vanessa a wedding gift, extremely last minute. I almost hand the dude the wedding card instead of my money so that tells you a lot about how nervous and brain dead I currently am.

It takes a while but I eventually arrive at Alex's house. He is staying with Peter this week. I can't believe Tuesday had already come; I can already tell Usnavi is freaking out. This is the biggest night of his life.

I take a deep breath and lift up my hand to knock the door, only to hold it there for a long time.

The world around me goes quiet, I can only hear my heart thumping loudly in my chest. Dramatic, right?

"He's one of your best friends Laurens." I whisper-yell at myself. "You'll be fine."

I finally bring myself to knock three times before the door opens by itself.

"What the- "I start.

"Oh, hey John." A voice beneath me says. I look down to see Alex crouching down with a fake gun clutched to his chest and wearing green retro wrap sunglasses that make him look silly.

I can't believe this is the guy I like.

"You wanna play?" Alex whispers from beneath me.

"Uhh, sure?" I said but it's more of a question. Alex suddenly stands up and I tuck my wedding invite into my back pocket.

"PETER, JOHN WANTS TO PLAY!" Alex yells across the house. We wait in silence until we hear a distance 'okay' from Peter.

Alex smiles mischievously and hands me my own glasses as well as an ear microphone that those cool spies have in the movies.

"To communicate." He explains, closing the door behind me.

I put the microphone in and glasses on, feeling like a little child all over again.

"There are guns scattered everywhere throughout the house." Alex says through the microphone, crouching down and moving slowly with his toy gun in his hand.

I follow him and crouch down.

"Stay behind me. I don't want you to get shot." He said and I waddle behind him, nervously looking around for Peter.

"So where should I go to get my gun?" I asked.

"I have no idea. They might be all over but Peter is crazy good at this game even if he's just one man." Alex stated, stopping and looking around the corner of a hallway.

It's all clear so we slowly move down the hallways and up the stairs, turning at the littlest sounds.

We reach the top floor with no words spoken between us. I still am extremely nervous to ask Alex but I don't think he'll say no.

Alex opens a door slowly and cautiously, checking the room before motioning me to enter.

Then, out of nowhere, Peter comes out and shoots me and Alex.

"Gotcha suckers." Peter laughs, causing all the seriousness to exit from me and Alex as we join him laughing.

"Not fair." Alex said in-between laughs, taking off his microphone and glasses.