𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲.

FINE LINE - HOGWARTS EXPRESS

A loud whistle sounded out through the station, steam bubbling from under the train made its way onto the tracks. Mavis stood, a warm smile plastered on her face as she momentarily got lost in her head.

Her third year was about to start and she could only hope that it would be quieter than the past two.

After finding out her Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher had Voldemort at the back of his head during her first year and a rogue basilisk roamed the school during her second, Mavis could only hope for something peaceful.

That, however, would probably fly out the window as she so happens to be friends with the notorious Harry Potter.

She was soon knocked back into reality when someone bumped into her shoulder. Students were pushing past her, shouting at whatever was closest to them. Taking the hint, Mavis made her way onto the train, trying to find her friends.

Walking down the corridor, Mavis soon found the compartment containing her friends, although there was somebody else in there too. A man was sitting fast asleep next to the window, his coat pulled up to his eyes, blocking out his surroundings.

From what Mavis could see, the man looked ill and exhausted. Though he looked quite young, his light brown hair was flecked with grey.

Quietly making her way into the compartment, Mavis sat next to Harry. Each of her friends greeted her with beaming smiles. It wasn't long before the four engaged in a long conversation, particularly about the summer before Harry mentioned something that Mr Weasley told him in the Leaky Cauldron.

"Sirius Black escaped to come after you?" Hermione said in shock, her hands covering her mouth, "Oh Harry, you'll have to be really, really careful. Don't go looking for trouble."

"I don't go looking for trouble." Harry said, shrugging his shoulders. "Trouble usually finds me."

"How thick would Harry have to be, to go looking for a nutter who wants to kill him?" Ron said shakily.

To Harry, Hermione and Ron were taking the news worse than expected. The two of them seemed much more frightened of Black than he was. But what scared Harry the most was how quiet Mavis was.

"No one knows how he got out of Azkaban." Ron said uncomfortably. "No one's ever done it before. And he was a top-security prisoner too."

"But they'll catch him, won't they?" Hermione questioned earnestly. "I mean, they've got all the muggles looking out for him, too..."

"Sure - of course, no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before and he's a raving, murderous lunatic..."

"Thanks Ron." Harry mumbled, his face falling slightly.

"You okay, Mavis?" Hermione questioned looking at the girl's aghast expression.

"Yeah, fine." Mavis mumbled, picking at the hem of her jumper.