Nyphia Brooks

Time Taken: 10 hrs 20 minsApp: IbisPaint XGraphic Type: PosterContest entry for Xerophthalmia

App: IbisPaint X
Graphic Type: Poster
Contest entry for Xerophthalmia

Explanation:

Nyphia Brooks is a humble water nymph who resides in a quaint pond in the middle of a peaceful forest. She is a happy and vibrant spirit who spares no effort to help all creatures, Unlike her rather long life, she can come off as a bit naive and childish.

-----

Nyphia's first name is a play on the word Nymphea, which is a sort of aquatic plant and her last name is well Brooks. If you can't tell where I'm going with this, then the answer is water. The contest for which I made this poster has a really good story telling and unique representation, and when I saw that our strengths were represented by elements and mine had water, I knew I would use it. Especially after seeing the first prompt. Maybe it's because I'm a water type starter fanatic, but I just love anything water haha. 

The main requirement for this round was to introduce our character, to represent their primary traits and such. I wanted to best portray Nyphia's nature as a naive and innocent being, so I chose to make a children's fantasy story style illustration. The other and more obvious trait that I portrayed was her identity as a water nymph and her place of origin.

-----

After like 8-9 hrs of swishing my finger at my phone screen I gave up drawing the rest and ended up using vectors instead :D and so below are the stuff I used extra

Resources Used:

Fox: https://www.pngwing.com/en/free-png-bbklu

Grass:
https://freepngimg.com/png/4787-grass-png-image-green-grass-png-picture

com/png/4787-grass-png-image-green-grass-png-picture

-----

This took way too long to make lol, I went through like 5 drafts before finally thinking of this idea so between all those drafts and the time taken to make this along with my hectic schedule at work, I might have been a bit late to make this😅 I realise that the deadline was extended but still, sorry Xero :')

Hopefully tho, this time I actually stick with Nyphia, unlike her my previous cursed oc who was discarded untimely (r.i.p white)

-----