six.

~ Time Skip ~

The supposed 2-hour walk was surprisingly not too bad.

I couldn't tell if it was because I was with Scoups or if it genuinely wasn't as difficult as I had expected.

The trip mainly consisted of him pointing out certain areas and why they were essential to the community.

Admittedly, I couldn't bring myself to listen to his words, absolutely distracted by his beauty.

Even after spending a few hours with him, I still couldn't comprehend that Scoups was here.

No way, right?

That is – unless I was mistaken? But there was no way.

I'm right. I know I am.

We were nearing the community. I could tell from the lights and the loud chatters.

I was suddenly growing excited, as all the anxious feelings from being with Scoups started to die down.

So I was surprised when he suddenly stopped me, "I should probably give this back to you," as he handed me my bags.

"A part of your first challenge was to carry your own things, without help from me but I felt bad seeing how you waited for us. Don't worry though, this is going to be our little secret," He said with a genuine smile as he placed his pointing fingers on his lips.

I was too stunned to speak.

Too stunned that I failed to notice how he was already making his way to the community, leaving me to my own feelings.

As soon as I caught up with them, the sight surprised me.

Zini was no longer in the hands of Scoups but instead, he was laughing along with a group of men, who looked to be about the age of his dad.

They seemed... close.

I then took the moment to look at my surroundings.

There were men talking amongst themselves, the children running around the small area, and the women preoccupied with setting up what seemed to be food for dinner.

"Andi!" The voice of my formator shouted, catching the attention of not just myself but the group of men near me – Scoups being one of them.

My formator hurried her way to me, "I'm glad you made it safe! I also see you've met Seb?" She asked.

I nodded with a small smile. If only she knew.

"Okay, well I'm sure you'll have a good time here! Make yourself feel at home while dinner is being prepared." She said one last time before she started talking with one of the elderly women in the area.

I was observing the place. No, let me rephrase that, I was observing him.

I looked at how he interacted with the elderly men, who he looked at with pure genuineness and warmth.

I looked at how he interacted with the women, who he helped in setting up the dishes.

What the hell was going on? He seemed so accustomed to all this.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a light tug on my pants.

I looked down to find Zini, who was holding a piece of flower. I smiled and kneeled down.

Just when I was about to speak, she extended her arm as if she was giving me the flower.

So I took it but as soon as I did, she ran away again.

I smiled at the flower, thinking that it must have been her way of saying she accepted my apology. She just didn't know how to voice it out so what better way to do than to act it out. Sweet.

With a smile on my face, I straightened my position again, and my eyes instantly roamed around the area in hopes of finding the boy I was observing.

To my surprise, he was gone. Where was he? He disappeared all of a sudden.

Just when I was about to make myself believe that the Scoups I saw was a hallucination, a voice behind me spoke, "She likes you, you know?"

It was him.

"What?" I asked absentmindedly.

He chucked a little, "I just noticed. Zini isn't a very expressive person and after earlier I would have expected her to dislike you instantly but no, she gave you a flower. That's a good sign."

I didn't respond and nodded without processing his words.

We were silent for a bit. Laughter from the adults and cries from the young was all we heard.

Until be broke the silence, "Can I ask for a favor?" He said with a serious glint in his eyes.

"Sure," I whispered.

"But not here." He said quietly.

He leaned in closer and continued, "I'll talk to you after dinner. I know it may sound weird since we only met today but I feel like you could help out. I just don't want the others to hear."

What?

What was he going to say? Why did he prefer to speak in a more private place?

Why couldn't he tell me here?

Was he going to reveal why he had gone missing the past 10 months?

Was he going to admit that he was Choi Seungcheol?

I wanted answers and I'm getting them tonight.