Crush at first sight (Frank Iero)

Summary: Frank meets Gerard's new girlfriend and realizes he has a crush on her.

Word count:  800 words

Warning: Cursing

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Rehearsal was nearly done, and Frank was looking forward to spending some time with his friends after practice. They were just returning from a month's vacation, and he hadn't seen his bandmates for over four weeks. That was a weird change considering they were already used to being on each other's faces 24/7 while on tour.

The band they had was starting to take off, and though they weren't getting paid much, they were able to tour around the country and play their music in front of a constantly growing group of fans.

Frank kept playing, his fingers flowing easily on his guitar, the chords he knew so well. He had played those songs with the band over a hundred times already, yet, they felt fresh, new, and always fun to perform, especially in front of an audience. That night, however, no one was there to see them except an unfamiliar face, who walked in at that minute, with a shy smile on her face.

And that was it for Frank. He knew that very second he was fucked. He didn't know how, he didn't know why, but just by looking into that stranger's eyes, he knew his life had changed for good.

What was it about her? He had no idea. He didn't know her, he had never seen her before. He didn't even know what she was doing there. And yet, he was glad he could lay his eyes on her. He was now playing even more eagerly, waiting for the song to end to run over and introduce himself. Maybe she was lost, looking for another band, or maybe she was looking for him. Could it be? Was Frank that lucky? He was dying to know.

The song ended a few seconds later, which felt like a lifetime for him. He only stared at her, locking his eyes on hers a few times, and smiling each time he saw her cheeks blushing. Was he the one making her nervous? Of course, he was. Who else? He quickly left his guitar on a stand and put the pick in his back pocket. He didn't notice when he started walking, all he registered was her face in front of him, like a compass can only point north.

- "Hey, I'm Frank"- he said as soon as he stood in front of her, and she smiled with her whole face, her eyes shining and nearly knocking him off his feet.

- "Hi, nice to finally meet you! Gerard talks so much about you. I'm (Y/N)."

Frank didn't know how to reply, 'cos first, he was absolutely lost in her eyes. And second, why did she know Gerard? and why was his friend talking about him with hot strangers?

- "Hey doll, thank you for coming to pick me up."- and right on cue, Gerard walked to them and kissed her. Just like that, out of nowhere, Gerard simply kissed her lips, wrapped an arm around her waist, and moved her closer to his body.

Frank was shocked. He couldn't move his eyes from the couple kissing trying to understand what was going on.

- "Dude, stop staring."- Ray elbowed him and took him from his mind for a second. Frank simply blinked and looked down at his feet until he heard Gerard's voice.

- "Frank, this is my girlfriend, (Y/N)."- and though it was obvious considering the way they had been sucking each other's faces a few seconds earlier, the statement still shocked Frank. Gerard had a new girlfriend, and he was absolutely crushed on her only by staring into her eyes.

- "Nice to meet you, (Y/N)"- he managed to reply, not knowing what else to say. The young woman smiled at him, holding Gerard's hand the entire time. And Frank could only stare into her eyes, not making a sound.

- "(Y/N) came to pick me up, we are going out for dinner tonight."- Gerard announced with a proud smile. - "Then we are going to Larry's party. Are you guys coming?"

- "Yes!"- Frank replied too eagerly. - "We are all coming tonight."- he nearly beamed on his spot and smiled at (Y/N). She smiled back, her eyes shining as she did. But she was still holding Gerard's hand tight, and leaning over to him as she stared at Frank.

- "I'll guess I'll see you later."- she said as Gerard moved and grabbed his bag.

- "Sure."- Frank replied as he continued grinning. Gerard held (Y/N)'s hand one more time and waved at the band.

Frank just stood there, feeling almost struck by lightning. Ray started packing his gear, along with Mikey, but Frank didn't move. He stared at the door, trying to understand what had just happened.

- "Shit."- that was all he managed to whisper. He was fucked. He had a crush on his best friend's girlfriend. Crush at first sight.