Chapter One

HIS EYES WOULDN'T LEAVE ME. I could feel his glare burning into the side of my head, the hatred reflected in those green eyes of his. I hate everything about that man, how he's seen me cry, seen me naked, seen the worst parts of me and for fuck sakes, this man just loves to push my buttons.

Charles Leclerc is my sworn enemy. There's never been a point in my life that I didn't want to crash my car into his while racing. We have never gotten along and nothing could change that. He's always complaining about my reckless driving, and I'm always complaining about that large ego he carries around whenever he goes.

I started formula one two years ago. Redbull took a big gamble and decided to promote me, a twenty year old female driver into the most known Motorsport industry in the world.

I almost won my first Grand Prix, but on the last lap, the one and only Charles Leclerc tires locked up, he turned his steering wheel towards me, crashing right into the side my car. We both DNF and my brother, Max Verstappen won.

He blamed me for the incident, said I was 'too' close to him, that I should've given him more space. It was all bullshit. Charles knew it was his fault, he was just scared to admit it. And worst of all, I was the one who received all the hate online. Everyone loved Charles Leclerc 'The Golden Boy' of formula one, so they blamed me. I became the reckless rookie driver and from then on...fans hated me.

It was a tough rookie year after that. Max kept my above water though, and I will be forever thankful for that.

Max and I's relationship is complicated though. I was three when my parents got in a car accident, that caused their death. My parents was close friends with Max's family, and after their passing, I went to live with the Verstappen family. I was six when they adopted me, and Max officially came my brother. We were two peas in a pod, always at each others sides, even during karting...we would lead the races and purposely cause havoc for others. 

I was fourteen when Max went to formula one. And that's when everything changed. There was  no doubt about it, I was glad he was in f1, but another side of me hated that my brother left me.

Jos, Max's father was never a good man. Especially towards me. It was Max's mom who wanted to adopt me, never Jos. So as time went on, he took his anger out on me. I begged Max when he was twenty, to just take me with him...I couldn't live in that house anymore. But he refused, saying it wasn't the right thing for either of us.

I hated him for that. I was seventeen, trying to make it through life with a adoptive father who hated me.

I stopped talking to Max because of that. We had no contact with one another until two years later when his team principle mentioned how well I was doing in f2 to him. And at that point in my life, everything was going to shit. I was living on my own, hardly able to put food on a plate for dinner as f2 paid hardly anything.

Max felt horrible when he found out what I was going through. He told me that Christian Horner was thinking about promoting me to f1, and out of no where...my life changed.

Redbull became my real family. Max was finally back to being me brother. Christian Horner became a father figure to me. I met two of my best friends through those years as well, Jasmine and Jacob. They were together and had a four year old.

Which leads me back to Charles Leclerc, who is sitting right next to me currently.

Two years ago, the night before my first race, I had just found out my boyfriend cheated on me. I needed to drown my sorrows in alcohol and that's exactly what I did.

Of course the person I found at the same bar as me was Charles. His girlfriend had just broken up with him, and he too was drinking his sorrows away.

We both knew who each other were... I mean how could we not? I grew up watching Max and him race against one another, and even I raced against him a couple times.