Chapter 23 - Devil's Advocate

Omniscient

As the door slammed shut, Karen and Tony looked at each other. "Oh so you're the one she was always telling me and my husband about." Karen folds her arms and rolls her eyes.

"You fucked August?!" Tony says in shock.

"Don't you know how bad it would be if August mentions your affair in his testimony while you are supposed to go up there and testify against him as a witness?!" Tony angrily says as Karen rolls her eyes.

"Oh no, don't turn this back on me, Tony." Karen snarls.

"No, this is why you really want him to go down. Because you didn't want anyone or your husband knowing about your got damn affair with him!" Tony fusses.

"If I go down, we all go down. And that includes you, Tony. You can kiss this career, law firm, and everything down!" Karen fusses as Tony lifts up an eyebrow.

He places his hands in his pockets as he laughs. All he does is to continue to laugh as he opens the door to exit out of her office.

Now back to Mercedes, who was not listening to Miracle explaining everything to them after she was done. "Oh god..So your restraining order was voided? Terminated? What? That's not even possible or legal..." Asha furrowed her eyebrows.

"I can't believe Karen agreed to let Trey wait so she bait you for information about my stuff I got and threaten to take your baby if you don't..." Mercedes gasps.

"Now, her daughter who is also fucking Kerri who's now in the picture? This is entirely too much.." Miracle sighs as she rubs her belly.

"After that shit with Trey telling me. I couldn't even face her ass at work today. I told her I was feeling so damn bad, I couldn't even move and I was going to go to the doctor first thing in the morning if I did not feel better." Miracle shakes her head.

"So now, Trey and Chris wants to Karen to only go down for this..." Mercedes thinks.

"Pretty much...Plus all that is happening, it has her written all over it. And if Chris doesn't take the fall which he chose not to do and apparently Trey is now over it, which means we all have to work together to get this Tyrant down once and for all. She's pretty much holding everyone at gun point if I am being honest..." Asha sighs.

"This whole situation has us all at gunpoint..." Mercedes sighs as she places her hand on her head.

"Okay, Mercedes, best bet is to finish talking to Marsha-" Asha tells her before getting interrupted.

"I did actually. And she knows someone at another district that can get you on as detective to finish up this case. It's like her firm and that district are the only two places that are not under Karen." Mercedes says in relief as Asha nods her head.

"Great. I can't wait to meet first thing in the morning with them. We are really more behind and the more behind we are, the more late this trial will start." Asha sighs.

"I know.." Mercedes sighs as she agrees.

"Okay, we all need to meet up. As in everyone that's involved. We need a real plan and real ass discussion, stat." Asha insists.

"We can all meet up by the beach at night." Miracle shrugs.

"You know instead of using our place. The beach at night will be so much better." Miracle adds.

"That can work. I will text Josh and Chris." Asha shrugs.

"And I'll..I'll text Trey.." Miracle speaks.

"And I'll fill Marsha in on Kerri's whereabouts until after tonight.. and I will bring myself tomorrow night." Mercedes shrugs.

"Good. We'll talk then." Asha agrees before hanging up which follows by Mercedes and Miracle hanging up.