Chapter 17 - What Happens Next?

Omniscient

Everyone just stared at Mercedes. "Oh hell no-" Miracle was about to go off until Mercedes grabs one of miracle's wrists.

"No, Miracle." She says as she's still in shock.

"Let's go..." Mercedes say as she turns around to leave to go into her office.

She was very surprised and didn't even know to react or respond. She sighs while Miracle goes on a rant, "This is some bullshit!"

"You are the best fucking lawyer in this damn state and she's playing double whammy with you right now." Miracle adds.

"I am not caring about losing my position here...it's just August I am worried about.." Mercedes responds as she packs her things up.

"I'm going to go over and see him today and let him know...That's the first thing I need to do...But don't worry, I can still represent him...I just need to find a new firm to pick me up and I'll continue where I left off from." Mercedes say with a bit of optimism.

"I'm your assistant and if you're gone then that means I'm gone too-" Before Miracle can finish, she's interrupted by a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Miracle says as she opens the door.

It was Koren and Miracle made a face, "Just the girl I wanted to see." She smiles.

"Huh?" Miracle furrowed her eyebrows.

"I have a job proposal for you. If you become my assistant, I'll pay you quadruple times as more." She shrugs.

"I don't think s-" Before Miracle can finish, Mercedes pulls her back in and closes the door in Koren's face.

"What! I was about to say no!" Miracle whispers.

"No...Think about it...We need to know what happened and what's going on when we are not here...The firm is probably at a higher risk with this. You should take that job position." Mercedes suggests as Miracle eyes widened.

"What." Miracle says in shock.

"Just...just trust me on this...I know you are smart Miracle and -" Mercedes gets cut off.

"What about needing a lookout with you and August...? And what about you need an assistant and everything..? Also...you know her and Trey are associates...what if-" Miracle questions as she gets cut off.

"She's be stupid if she mixes trey into this mix with her new assistant at the law firm.." Mercedes responds.

"But..." Miracle sighs.

"If she's offering you, it must be for a good reason...Even if she's trying to make you snake on me, fake it if you have to by any means to get that bitch to trust you that you are on her side.." Mercedes whispers lowly.

Miracle sighs as she nods her head as Mercedes adds, "Feed her false narratives if she asks, okay..?" Mercedes asks.

"Okay.." Miracle nods.

"I just don't have a good feeling towards me..I don't know why but I'll do it.." Miracle rubs her arm.

Mercedes sighs, "I know this is a huge favor...but something is damn sure not right...and all I ask for you is to not tell her or let anyone she has watching for her or herself hear about me and august have something going on, okay? When here don't call or discuss this to anyone else here...Trust no one." Mercedes lastly adds as Miracle nods her head.

"Okay, I promise.." Miracle nods her head.

"Good." Mercedes tells her as she goes back to packing.

"Don't worry about me...I'll just let August know what's going on and I'll figure out another way to get all cozy with him." Mercedes whispers in an extreme low tone.