Heather

It was the third of December. Thomas and Newt were driving to the coffee shop to get drinks. They were best friends, had been since they were 6. Newt needed a friend. And Thomas wanted more friends. They told each other everything. Like when Newt came out as gay, Thomas came out as bi. But one thing Newt never ever told Thomas, and never planned to, was that he had a giant crush on Thomas. How could he not. Thomas was a good looking guy.

     "What're you gonna get?" Thomas blurted out. Breaking Newts train of thought. "Coffee." Newt said quietly. "No shit Sherlock, I meant what type." Newt laughed. " Probably just a mocha. What about you?" Newt asked in response. "Coffee" Thomas mocked " No no just kidding, probably like a hot chocolate or something" he hates coffee Newt thought.

    When they walked into the shop talking they walked right up to the counter to order. " I got it!" Thomas whispered. He knew Newt had social anxiety sometimes and didn't want him to freak out. "I'll just have a mocha coffee and a hot chocolate please" Thomas said confidently "Ok! What size" The lady at the counter said. " both small please" Thomas had done this so many times he didn't need to ask. "k. Coming up in just one sec!" The lady said. "Thank you..." Thomas glanced down at her name tag "...Lydia"

      When Thomas and Newt sat down they started talking. Newt told a joke. And they laughed. All of a sudden Thomas went quiet. Making Newt do the same. " Tommy what is it?" He glanced up. A girl had walked in the shop. She was beautiful. Her eyes were brighter than the blue sky"Be cool be cool" Thomas whispered. " That's the new girl. Her names Heather. I really like her man." Heather had Thomas mesmerized when she walked by. Newt sighed. He will never like me Newt thought to himself. Thomas all of a sudden got up and walked over to Heather. Newt remained seated.

     He watched them for about ten minutes. Just laughing about something. Newt felt a pang of jealousy. Then Thomas took off his sweater. And handed it to Heather. She was only in a dress. Stupid. Newt thought.

_______flash back starts now___________

It's the third of December. And Newt is sitting on a bench next to Thomas at the park.

"I'm freezing Tommy. Why're we here. It's literally 2 degrees outside!" Newt complained. "Fine here." Thomas laughed and handed newt his sweater.

_______end of flashback___________

Newt then stood up. He had enough. As he walked out of the shop. He heard Thomas say his name. But he didn't look back. He went to the park and sat on his bench. His and Thomas'. Their bench.

     He sat for about fifteen minutes. Then he saw Thomas and Heather walking. He put his hood up so Thomas couldn't recognize him. They were laughing and then Thomas put a hand around her shoulder. Newt shivered. He was freezing.

    How could Newt hate her though. She was such an angel. Beautiful. But Newt also wished she were dead. Then Thomas leaned in and they kissed. A stray tear fell from Newts cheek. He stood up and walked in the opposite direction.

When he closed the door of his apartment he flopped onto his bed and sobbed. He glanced at his phone. Not one call from Thomas. Not one.

Why would he ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty as Heather.

He thought about the sweater. He still had it in his closet. He walked over and took it out. It was one of Newts favorite things. It was just polyester. But now Heather also had one. Thomas would always like him better.

      Newt went over to his dresser and wrote a note I wish I were Heather. Then he put it in his pocket. He walked over to the edge of his balcony. He took one step. Then another. Then another.

He looked down. And jumped. Then it all want black. 

A/N sorry this is a sad one. Hope you enjoyed reading it. Sorry if I made Thomas look like a jerk but I'm thinking of making a part two to this story. But idk

xo Naomi