Jigsaw

Newt looked in his closet. There was nothing he could wear. Thomas-his crush, had invited him to his first high school party and he had no idea what to wear. Thomas was going pick him up in 20 minutes and he didn't even have a shirt on.

        He decided to wear a new type of outfit and not just a hoodie and sweats. He picked out a yellow sunflower button up shirt, and blue button up jeans with holes ripped into them. He chose to wear his Nike Blazers that he always had on. They were getting dirty but it didn't matter to Newt.

       "Lizzie!" Newt called "Can you do my makeup real quick" Newt heard hustling downstairs as his little sister got off the couch to go upstairs. "Of course I can Newt!" She said with a big smile. She dashed into her bathroom to grab makeup products for him. She just did an eyeliner and light blush. Then she gave him freckles-he already had them but they weren't visible enough. Newt felt great.

     When Thomas arrived Newt dashed out to the car. Thomas was wearing something similar to Newt. A red button up shirt with black skinny jeans and converse. "You look great Newt!" Thomas said. Newt blushed. "Same to you, Tommy." The rest of the ride was fairly quiet.

      When they got to the party Thomas parked a couple blocks away. Because he claimed if adults came to crash the party, they wouldn't see his car nearby. Newt thought it was a good idea. He walked into the house next to Thomas and was immediately deafened by the loud music. He followed Thomas into the crowd. They went to the kitchen to get drinks. While Thomas got his Newt thought he should use good manners to make Thomas think he was polite. "Thank you Tommy!" Newt said as Thomas handed him a bud light. "Yea" Thomas replied.

         Newt watched people dance like crazy and Newt wanted to join. But Newt didn't want Thomas to think he was crazy so he just sat down Newt to Thomas and Minho. As they talked Newt kept quiet looking at his cup so Thomas wouldn't think he was barging into their conversation.

           The more Newt drank the worse he felt so he asked Thomas to take him home. Thomas agreed and drove him back. He wasn't drunk yet. But Newt didn't want to be around when he was. So when he got home he thanked Thomas and went upstairs to his bathroom. He slid against the door and banged his head back on it. Thomas didn't even know the real him.  Newt was not pretty, he didn't have a sense of fashion, he wasn't polite, and he was insane as hell. He went under the sink and grabbed a small blade. He ran it up his arm three times and put it away. He removed the makeup and put on a shirt and pajama pants.

     Lizzie was at Harriet's that night to Newt was alone. He laid down in bed and thought for what seemed like hours. Then he slept.

____________the next day____________

When Newt woke up he decide to go as cool Newt from the party last night. So picked a cool outfit. A yellow sweater with brown jeans. He then did did his own makeup. He thought Lizzie did better but his was ok.

        When he walked into school he almost dropped all his stuff. Thomas was there. His arm around a girls shoulder. Heather. Thomas leaned in to kiss her. He had no doubt been her boyfriend. Thomas had a girlfriend. All Newt did to make Thomas happy and he still didn't love Newt. Newt ran to the school bathroom and locked himself in. He was crying. Newt had killed so many parts of himself that he loved and needed and he wasn't even the issue. Maybe Thomas needed to change.

        Newt looked in the bathroom mirror. Thomas had made him a jigsaw. He stood up and wiped the makeup off his face. He look good without it too. He took a hoodie out of his book bag and traded it for his sweater. He scrunched up his hair so it was messy. Just how he liked it. He was done being Thomas' slave.

      At lunch he sat with his friends. Not Thomas'. He watched as Thomas talked to Heather. It was funny, love can make a guy crazy even if it is some ho like Heather. She was going to break his heart. But that was Thomas' problem, not Newts. Newt sighed and looked at his friends. Brenda, Frypan, Jeff, Alby, and Teresa. His 4lifers. He smiled and joined in their conversation.

A/N: Hey y'all this is my second story in this story. Thanks for the 4 reads bc seeing that made my day. I'm sorry for making Thomas the villain and mb the next story I can switch up roles and stuff. I'm thinking of doing the cut that always bleeds or wish you were sober any ideas please comment

—Naomi 🍷🗿