Finding Out

Around 11 a.m. Belly was the first to wake up, or so she thought. Seeing Elaine wasn't with them she gently woke Conrad up. Together they first went to look in the kitchen and music room but came up empty handed. Making their way upstairs they saw the door to the library standing wide open. Entering the library once again, they were confused on why so many books laid on the ground when they had put them all back onto the shelves. But looking up from the ground they were shocked to see an open doorway, revealing another room.

"Elaine? You in there?", Belly asked cautious.

Conrad and Belly both flinched when Elaine jumped into their eyesight. "You guys! You have to look at this!", Elaine exclaimed excited.

Conrad and Belly followed Elaine into the mysterious room. "What is this?", Conrad asked astonished.

"I found the journals in here.", Elaine explained pointing to the books on the desk, where she had sat and read them until now. "In here my Granny used to write in her journals and apparently keep all of the things that are related to the supernatural.", Elaine explained further, letting Conrad and Belly look around for themselves.

"This is crazy.", Conrad said.

"That's what I thought!", Elaine agreed with him.

"What have you found so far?", Belly asked curious.

"In this room alone are two Bestiaries. Which is good, but I haven't found something about what I am in there. But there are plenty of other books and journals to go through."

And that's what they did. The three of them did a lot of reading that day, with a short break here and there, informing the others what they had found. There were multiple potion books, or that's what they assumed. And going through her Granny's journals, Elaine knew what she is has grown to become very rare and can now only be distributed through genetics.

Elaine now knew Mistletoe can become deadly for her and Wolfsbane too if she should come in contact with too much of it. The right amount of Wolfsbane can actually help her on some occasions.

In the journals Elaine gets to know how and even when her Granny's powers began to show and how she learned to control them and work and fight with them.

°°°

It was the next day and Elaine was now alone in her Granny's house, waiting on Scott and Stiles to arrive, wanting to show them what her, Conrad and Belly had found.

The doorbell rang and Elaine opened the door with a confused look. She wasn't expecting the boys for another half an hour.

"Stiles? How did you get here so fast?"

"I... actually walked here. I live on this street too, you know?", Stiles explained, entering the house.

"Right. I kind of forgot about that.", Elaine admitted. "Now we just wait on Scott."

"Yeah, I guess.", Stiles shrugged. Elaine noticed the boy was holding back, eager to know what she had found.

"I could show you around the house for the meantime?", Elaine suggested.

"Yeah, why not.", Stiles agreed.

Showing him the first floor, Stiles had complimented saying how beautiful and cozy it looked. Elaine agreed, loving the fact that the house somehow had managed to stay this comforting space that it had been when she was little.

"And upstairs are the bedrooms and the library. And the good part is the library.", Elaine explained, while her and Stiles walked up the stairs. Stiles examined the pictures on the wall while going upstairs, smiling at pictures of Elaine and her family, a few had Melissa and Scott in them too, and some were baby pictures of Elaine.

Entering the library Elaine couldn't contain herself, a big smile on her lips. To Stiles the room looked like a normal library. He didn't know what was so special about it. Hearing the doorbell ring for a second time, Elaine rushed downstairs opening the door to let Scott in the house, dragging him upstairs to the library.

While Elaine had fetched Scott from downstairs, Stiles had noticed something unusual in one of the bookshelves.

"There is something engraved in the wood there.", Stiles said, pointing to the engraving.

"Oh, I know.", Elaine shrugged it off.

"What does it say?", Stiles asked confused, having stepped closer, trying to read what is engraved.

"Aperi ianuam fieri eques Révélant l'histoire d'une famille courageuse Accepter tes pouvoirs Lucens in tenebris fies.", Elaine said.

"What?", Stiles asked confused, not having understood a single thing.

"What does it translate too?", Scott asked, curious as well.

"Open the door to become a Knight, revealing the history of a brave family. Accepting your powers, a shining light in the dark you will become.", Elaine translated, making the secret door reveal itself. Stiles flinched at the sudden movement, stepping back, now standing next to Elaine. "What is this?"

"Dude. It's so obvious. It's a secret room!", Elaine explained, making her way inside said room. Scott and Stiles followed her.

"This is where my Granny kept her journals. And all of the stuff she had on the supernatural, like for example two Bestiaries."

"Two Bestiaries?", Scott asked impressed.

"This is crazy.", Stiles said, looking around the room.

"That's the third time someone said that.", Eline pointed out.

"Who else said that?"

"Oh, just me and Conrad."

"Conrad was here already? He has seen this?", Stiles asked, seemingly not liking it.

"Yeah, he and Belly helped me clean this house and go through the first few books.", Elaine explained, but confused on why Stiles was reacting this way.

"What else have you found out?", Scott asked, getting back on the topic.

"I finally found out what I am."

"You did what?! And you waited this long to tell us?", Stiles exclaimed.

"I wanted to show you this first.", Elaine explained innocently.

"And? What are you?", Scott asked, also eager to know.

"Oh, right! I found out that I am a fucking fairy. Isn't that crazy?!"

This is the end of season 3! Season 4 will be next