The House Cup Showdown

The Great Hall was filled with tension as students anxiously awaited to find out which house would win the House Cup. Applause and cheers had been echoing throughout the evening, with each house earning points for various achievements.

Professor Dumbledore rose from his seat and addressed the hall, his voice resonating throughout. "Ladies and gentlemen, the time has come to determine which of our houses has won the House Cup this year. The teachers have been vigilant and awarded points for various achievements throughout the school year."

He began by announcing the achievements that had earned points for the different houses, recounting the highlights of the year. Students listened attentively, some anxiously, others hopeful that their house would be declared the winner.

Anxious glances from students turned to the teachers' tables, waiting to see who would be declared the winner. Hufflepuffs seemed nervous but hopeful, Slytherins looked confidently, Ravenclaws waited calmly, and Gryffindors had resigned themselves to defeat.

Professor Dumbledore took a deep breath and announced, "In fourth place, with 332 points, we have... Gryffindor."

A disappointed silence fell over the Gryffindor table.

Dumbledore continued, "In third place, with 420 points, we have... Hufflepuff."

The Hufflepuffs applauded, acknowledging their efforts throughout the year.

Then came the crucial moment: "In second place, with 426 points, we have... Ravenclaw."

The Ravenclaws smiled, accepting their position, knowing they had been competitive until the end.

Finally, Dumbledore announced, "And in first place, with 470 points, we have... Slytherin!"

The Slytherin students burst into cheers, proud of their victory. They had managed to maintain their lead throughout the year and claim the House Cup.

Slytherin students were celebrating their victory when Professor Dumbledore spoke again, drawing everyone's attention in the Great Hall. He seemed to have something important to say.

Dumbledore: "Before we conclude this ceremony, I would like to remind you that Hogwarts is a school where bravery, intelligence, and loyalty are celebrated. We are not just separate houses, but one big community. That's why, in recognition of acts of courage and kindness that have taken place this year, I have decided to award extra points."

Students exchanged puzzled looks, wondering what actions were significant enough to merit extra points.

Dumbledore continued: "To Miss Hermione Granger, for her intelligence and insight in the most dangerous moments, I award Gryffindor 50 extra points."

The Gryffindor table erupted in cheers, applauding Hermione.

Dumbledore went on: "To Ron Weasley, for his outstanding performance during a magical chess game that demanded strategy, I award Gryffindor 50 extra points."

Ron, visibly surprised but delighted, accepted the congratulations with pride.

Then, Dumbledore turned to Harry Potter and said, "To Harry Potter, for his pure heart and unmatched courage, I award Gryffindor 50 extra points. Harry Potter."

Harry, humble but grateful, received warm applause from his fellow Gryffindors.

Dumbledore concluded: "And finally, to Bellarose Lestrange, for being willing to sacrifice herself for a noble cause, I award Hufflepuff 50 extra points. Your act of bravery and kindness inspires each one of us."

The Hufflepuffs applauded Bellarose warmly, who was still recovering from the chess match.

Gryffindor's victory was celebrated with enthusiastic applause from their fellow housemates. Students were proud of their achievements and grateful to Hermione, Ron, and Harry for their crucial roles in this victory. The hall was filled with a cheerful atmosphere, but at the same time, there was a sense of disappointment among the other houses.

Ravenclaws, who had maintained their second place throughout the year, were particularly disappointed to find themselves last-minute runners-up. Some Ravenclaw students shook their heads in frustration, wondering what had gone wrong. A few Ravenclaws cast envious glances at the Gryffindors.

Slytherin, who had held the first place for most of the year, felt like victory had been snatched away from them. Some Slytherin students wore sulky expressions, unable to accept this defeat.

As for Hufflepuff, they were delighted to have managed to secure second place, even if they shared it with Slytherin.

Pansy Parkinson, in particular, had a murderous look directed at Bellarose, determined to take her revenge, believing that tying with her was a bigger disgrace than losing to Gryffindor. Bellarose held her gaze, showing that she wouldn't back down in the face of hostility.

The awards ceremony continued with the distribution of medals and trophies. Gryffindor proudly hoisted the House Cup high, while the other houses returned to their tables, determined to work harder next year to win the coveted cup.