•𝟎𝟏• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓

· · ─────── ·•••· ─────── · ·

𝐕𝐀𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 serve as a getaway for all things stressful and complicated. And of course a source of fun.

But unlike all the past summer vacations you've had, this one would be filled with all of that and more.

· · ─────── ·•••· ─────── · ·

"You're leaving already?" Your roommate asks in a solem tone. You respond with a hum as you continue to pack your bag, picking up two bathing suits and holding them up by your sides.

"Which one ken?" You and nanami had been close ever since your mom's became friends when you were in middle school. At first he found you--and the nickname you decided to give him annoying.

"Just take both." Though he'll never admit to anyone, he adores both you and the nickname. "I'm really busy at work right now, I'm not sure when I can get time off--sorry."

"It's fine, I'm used to staying alone for the first week or so."

"Yeah but it might be..longer than that." He sighs sitting down on the edge of your bed, watching as you continue to pack. "I might be able to leave in about a month and half..maybe two? Things should've slowed down enough then." He then whispers a small sorry.

"That's fine, don't worry. I'll just change up the plan a bit, just remember to text me when you do finally get off." Though you didn't have to change much. He honestly just went along with whatever you wanted. You'd just have to save some things for when he'd get there.

Every year you'd stay at kento's vacation house, that was owned by his parents--though they never used it. Giving the two of you the place to yourselves.

Although for the next month or so you'd have the house all to yourself.

· · ─────── ·•••· ─────── · ·

And so after you landed and arrived home, you were beyond exhausted. You wanted nothing more then to sleep. The long flight was more than enough to drain you of all your energy. You flop onto the couch in the living room, to tired to tread up the stairs and make it to your bed.

Laying your head down on the pillow, your fatigue suddenly left you completely. Your phone buzzes in your pocket and with a sigh you pull your phone from your pocket. Seeing the text from yuki tsukumo, your summertime boss. A woman so laid back it'd be impossible not to love her.