|Chapter 5|

"Well really, it's to make a deal, whatever it's called," Jeremiah said desperately. I started at him. I studied his face, it seemed genuine enough. He raised his eyebrows, his face knotted in anxiety. He bit his lip, his eyes darting around nervously. He really had something to say to me.

 "Well, don't just stand there," I muttered, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms, expecting him to explain. I glared at him and took a deep breath, still looking shaken up. 

"Okay, you like Conrad, don't you," he exclaimed. 

I gasped, and my mouth dropped to the ground. How did he know? Did he overhear one of Brook and I's conversations? I knew it. He was always nosy. I should have been more wary of him!!

I was about to answer when he rudely interrupted me again, 

"No, no, no. Don't argue, Y/N, I know how you stare at him like a lovesick puppy... And I like Belly, so why don't we start dating?" he finished. 

I froze. Was he being serious? Why would he think I wanted to date him? 

"Like not actually, fake dating, to get them jealous so they can notice us," Jeremiah added as if he needed me to say yes. 

I thought for a second. Would that work? How was it possible? But maybe Conrad can finally notice me for the first time in my life!

"Hmmm. That may actually work." I finally said.

 "So you'll do it?" he wondered, slightly smiling...

"I'll do it," I said, holding my hand out for him to shake which he did. 

Jeremiah looked around and grinned. His plan had worked. We have to fake dates. 

Beaming, I strode into the house, confident, not knowing what would happen in the future, but sure that our summer would be an eventful summer.