CHAPTER 1

note: treat this one as a one shot with outside POV, as I am just putting this here so I can remember Shoyo's little back story and where to go from there.

...

I. Let Me Tell You About Him

He, who wasn't well accepted in a society that not only prioritizes the dominating class, almost worshipping the path they walk on while scrutinizing the lower class, taking notes of their mistakes, and treating them like some dirty rag, which they need and use with repugnance, but also generalize and creates the stereotype of what they should and should not be as their classes.

'Cause they said, alphas should be the more intelligent, strong, masculine, and blah, blah, blah population because they are the most dominant class in our society, whereas omegas should be the more beautiful, weak, less intelligent population and have the sole purpose of breeding for being the lowest class. But then, he was born.

Akana could still and will always remember that one afternoon in June, like it was only yesterday, when she received a message from her father, telling her to go to Miyagi General Hospital.

It baffled her, how could a simple message send her into a massive panic attack? It was her father's fault for not adding that her aunt is going through labor in the text so that her brain didn't think of the worst-case scenarios during the whole drive to the hospital.

But on the other hand, she was grateful she came in time to witness her baby cousin come out from the Delivery Room. Just like when she saw her now four-month-old baby brother when he was brought into the world, her chest swells at the warm sight of life. She's still mad at her father for texting without context.

"What's his name?" she asked her uncle who can't stop crying at the sight of the newborn on the other side of the glass.

"Shoyo. Himari wants him to be able to soar and shine as bright as the sun, thus Shoyo."

Since then, she watched her brother and cousin as they grew up. She was there to babysit the two when their parents are busy, to witness their first crawl, first step, first word, and their first school.

To be honest, if she didn't witness his cousin growing up, she would be like those people who think alphas are all that. Because the boy who she carried and sang a lullaby for when neither of his parents are present grew up as this sweet little child who cries easily as a baby presented as an alpha.

Her Uncle Akito and Aunt Himari had to ask for multiple tests when the first result came just to be sure. 'Cause surely, the beautiful baby in their arms had to be at least an omega. But he was not. Beautiful Sunshine is a hundred percent alpha and he continues to grow more beautiful as time goes by.

Then college came. As a medical student, her time with the two boys gradually lessen, then she graduates and became busier. She was not there to notice the little changes that happened in Shoyo as he attend middle school, she didn't witness as the gleam in his eyes turn darker. She only got a word that something happened when it was too late.

She arrived at their house disheveled. Her father messaged her again without context. But right now, she couldn't care less as the scene that welcomed her was her auntie bawling and asking for forgiveness as she hugged him on her lap.

"What happened?" she asked her mother who lead her to the kitchen, away from that heart-wrenching scene.

"Shoyo," Tokino sobbed as they sat at the dining table. "He was being bullied at school. We've just come to know it when 'Sashi visits him."

"What?! Why? Why would they do that? To what extent? Do we know who did that?" she asked, frantically looking for the reason why would that happen to her cousin, her oh-so-sweet cousin.