Midnight wishes

The night before my birthday,I was standing in the balcony pondering over something. Okay. I was thinking about Finnick to be specific.

I realised I was always happy with him. No.Happy seems to be a very small word to express my emotion,I was always gleeful,cheery,elated,excited,exultant, blissful, contented...the list goes on. Finnick was the reason I was in good spirit.

In the past few days, this notes thing had kept us on the go which gave me no moment to engross myself thinking about Finnick. The state of affairs had kept us so hectic that I didnt even fathom I was with the personage who made my heart beat skip. But today was unlike the other days. I was going for a movie with Finnick ,and Tessy and Anne of course and this alone was ample for me to say farewell to the other not-so-important thoughts.

I came back in my room and started dancing and singing that my life is so amazing when a knock on the balcony's door left me startled.
I turned around to see a pair of blue eyes looking at me. Finnick. He was there in my balcony! What the heck is going on?

I rushed to open the door and let him in. His clothes were in a state of disaster and his hair were a mess. He was apparently drunk. But believe it or not, he looked handsome to me even in this situation.

"Where have you been?"I quizzed him.

He gave me a look and answered,"Oh I was at a party but forget that.I am here to wish you a very happy birthday"

I checked my watch and saw it was five minutes past midnight."Um..thank you." I said.

I watched as he staggered around my room and then as if he had forgotten something, suddenly came up to me and handed to me a present sheepishly.

I was surprised how I had not noticed the present he carried all the time. Oh yeah .How can I notice something else when I have Finnick to notice?

"A present for the most beautiful girl" He announced to nobody in particular.I took the present and said thanks with a smiling smile.

I had a question going on in my mind. Finnick just called me the most beautiful girl. But he was drunk. Do drunk people say anything that comes into their mind or say things which they really feel.

A sound broke me from my thoughts.

Finnick was opening the door of the balcony and was about to climb down when I shouted over to him asking what he was doing. "I am going back to my home, my pretty."He answered with such innocence that I wanted to hug him right away.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up."You are drunk and not going anywhere in this condition. Understand?Come up and you can sleep here only."I said to him.

"Oh, so you want me to sleep with you? Okay, not that I mind." He said with a smirk.

"No! I mean just sleep. Like normal sleeping..." I blushed.

He laughed and we came back to my room.

What he did next was so amazing that I am dying to tell you.

He whispered into my ear "You are so beautiful, Andrea. I like you like hell."ever so softly and clasped my hand to pulled me into a hug.

I wrapped my hands across his back and answered back "I like you a lot too, Finnick." and needless to say I was of course blushing and felt butterflies in my stomach.

After a few seconds, he broke away from the hug and fell on the bed, immediately falling into a deep sleep. He looked so adorable while sleeping that I couldn' t resist planting a kiss on his forehead.I was also feeling sleepy now because it was past midnight. I changed into my nightgown and slept beside Finnick.

I was in seventh heaven when he said that he likes me but I was also confused on how to react. He was drunk so I was not sure whatever he is saying is true or not but whatever is it,I liked Finnick whether he liked me or not. I liked him the moment I saw him in school.

But then something was troubling me very deeply.

I was baffled about Anne. What would be her reaction to this? Would it break our friendship? I did not want to think about these questions but they kept coming in my mind. I wanted to put an end to this confusion. So I decided I will find a solution to this problem right now. After minutes of strenuous thinking, I proffesed to myself that I won't think about Anne now. I am free to feel about Finnick as I want to. Anne does not have any right over him now.

I know I might sound a bit harsh or very harsh maybe, but this is what I resoluted and will be firm on this decision.

I slept contented and satisfied that I worked this out. I waited eagerly for the next morning that will bring a new sunshine to me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Did you like Finnick coming up to Andrea's house at midnight?
What do you think will happen next?
Vote and comment!!!