Part 22

I woke up, groaned and rolled over to see my phone (that was sitting on the bedside table) --I had a message. It said; I've gone to free practice and sprint, text me when you're up! I smiled, it was from Lando. I replied; Hello. I climbed out of bed and went to the toilet, I heard my phone ping,

Have a good sleep?

Great. I replied.

I thought so

?

You slept for 4 hours. I must have been tired, I thought. I replied with the emoji with the flexed arm with, damn straight.

*Sigh*

*Shakes head*

I'm on my way back.

From the track?

Yeah, don't go anywhere!

Okay.

Bye

I smiled and put my phone down to have another shower. Changing into tracksuit bottoms and a loose top. I put some fuzzy soaks on too, my feet were cold. Drying my hair I walked to my phone, checking the time (it was 5:00 pm) I pulled out my book and started to read. After about ten minutes I heard a knock at my door, getting up, I walked to the door, looking at my reflection as I passed the mirror. I opened the door to find Lando standing there with a bag of something.

"Hey." Lando said, sounding breathless. His hair was wet and curling around his face perfectly, "I brought food."

"Hey! What kind of food?" I replied.

"Food." Lando said. I sighed and stepped back so he could come in. Lando set the food down on the table.

"What food did you get?" I asked Lando.

"Chinese." he replied, pulling containers out of the bag. "And donuts." he finished sheepishly, pulling out a bag of donuts.

"I thought you were healthy?" I remarked, giggling when he glared at me. I sat down and watched as Lando pulled plates out of the bags and plated up what I pointed that I wanted.

"So, how did the sprint go?" I asked him, starting to eat.

"It was okay, I came 3rd" Lando replied picking up his fork.

"That's great! Well done!" I exclaimed, looking at him. Lando chuckled and shrugged his shoulders and continued to eat, his cheeks defying him, becoming a rose pink. The food tasted fantastic, like gold (metaphorically). I ate my food quickly, wanting more.

"Hungry?" Lando asked me as he finished.

"Starving!" I responded. He lifted my plate from the table and gave me seconds, as he gave himself more, I heard my phone ping with a notification. Anna, look what Lando's done... I clicked on the link she had added, it took me to Lando's Instagram story. I swallowed as a video of me playing the piano earlier appears.

"You didn't." I mutter at Lando, watching myself play the piano.

"I did?" Lando says cautiously.

"God, I look so weird." I said, feeling my cheeks colour.

"No! No, you don't." Lando exclaimed,

"Yes, I do!"

"No, you look...awesome." Lando looked as if he had been going to say something else but decided against it.

"Why? Why did you post me?" I asked him, failing to keep the hurt out of my voice.

"Lori, I'm so sorry." he replied, reaching for me across the table.

"Please, answer my question." I said, looking at him, I searched his panicked eyes, the red of his cheeks.

"I, just...I just wanted people to see how amazing and... great, you are." he told me, sounding as if he was struggling to get the words out.

"By offering me up to people that will pick me apart and criticise everything about me? For people to find out everything about me?'' I responded, worried.

"I didn't think, I'm so sorry, Lori, so sorry." he said my name like I was something to him. He sounded so genuine; it was impossible not to forgive him. Damn him. I sighed, massaging my temples. "So sorry." Lando repeated.

"It's okay, just, think before, or if, you do it again?" I asked, getting my answer in the form of a nod. I picked up my fork. Finishing my food, I saw Lando playing with his food on the other side of the table. Not thinking (ironically) I reached out and grasped his hand, he looked up, surprised.