Part 40

"Anna, I need you." I say through the phone, my voice husky from crying.

"I'm coming, I'll bring Immy." Anna replies, "Hang in there, don't do it again." Fresh tears spring to my eyes as I remember. "I'm coming." Anna says before hanging up.

I let my arm droop, hot tears stream in rivers down my face. Last time this happened my world fell apart, I hated myself so much. Death seemed the only thing that was right. But Anna stopped me. Just in time.

I lay back in bed, enveloped by the sheets. Somehow, I fall asleep, and dream of Lando and Noah, those assholes.

"Lori!" Anna is looming over me, shaking my shoulder.

"Ooow." I moan. Imogen joins Anna above me.

"Jesus Christ Lori." Imogen says, brushing my hair off my face. "That bastard." Imogen continues, hugging me tightly, tears spill over again.

"Why does it always happen to me?" I weep into her shoulder; Anna gently rubs my back.

"Because you, are what every boy is going to want. But they're going to take whatever they can get." Anna tells me, joining the hug.

We stay like that for a long time, but then Anna gets up to make food and we eat and then I fall asleep again.

Thursday.

"What if he was telling the truth though Lori. He's an F1 driver, girls are going to do stupid, vulgar things to try and get him." Imogen says and Anna nods from beside her.

"But if he wasn't?" I retaliate, desperately trying to keep the looming tears at bay.

"But he seems like an honest guy, and the way he looks at you, he looks in love." Anna tells me.

"He looks at every girl he finds pretty that way. It's just the way he is." I shout, banging my fist on the table.

"Lori..." Imogen cations, "You need to give him a chance." she tells me.

"And you need to think, would he really do that?" Anna adds. I wait, thinking.

"Okay, I will. Thank you, guys." I say, smiling softly at them.

"Anytime." They say in unison, Anna gets up and gives me a hug before going off to work. Imogen gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Stay in there, kid." she tells me before heading off.

I take a deep breath, contemplating. Before calling Zak Brown and asking for a McLaren garage pass.

It's Saturday again (the comforting took a while), so I have to rush to pack and get to the airport in time for my flight.

I get to Abu Dhabi just in time for the Sunday race.