Feeling at Peace

Edited 13/3/24

Chapter Seven
Feeling at Peace

Mia Ahara

3 months later

The pass three months has been wonderful. Leonardo and I have gotten extremely close. He always found new ways to make me smile.

Lee has grown very comfortable with Leo. Sometimes I wonder if he remembers that he has a mother. I’m really glad that he’s happy though. Last month he called Leo Dada, Leo was extremely happy and kept smiling throughout the day. On the other hand my stomach is noticeable now.

Leonardo, his family and I moved to Italy last week. I felt even freer since I’m far away from Jake. Leonardo decided to bring his family because he didn’t want to be away from them again.

Michael, Isabelle and Alessandra are living beside us. Isabelle was excited to move here since she could have an Italian wedding.

I felt the bed going up and down. By the movement I could tell that it was a small person.  “Lee, kiss mommy on the cheek” I heard Leonardo whispered. I kept my eyes closed and steady my breathing.

  I felt a peck on my cheek and peel one eye open “Good morning baby” I greeted returning his kiss.

       “Mama,” He greeted. I smiled and sat up in bed.

“Hey beautiful.  I got to go to the warehouse something came up.” Leonardo informed. He seemed upset about something but it wasn’t directed at me.

Did I forgot to mention that Leo is in the mafia, will technically he’s the boss. I was terrified when I found out, I had packed a bag and was going to leave. Leo assured me that no harm will befall us.

“I’ve already given Lee a bath, you just need to feed him.” He told.

“OK. You’ll come back soon?” I asked hopefully

  “I’ll try” he said as he pecked my lips and left.

         I took a quick shower and got dressed. I took Lee up in my arms and head out. When I opened the room door, Marco was standing outside. Marco is in Leonardo’s mafia. Leonardo has appointed him to be Lee and I’s guard.

     “Good morning Marco” I greeted

“Miss Ahara” He acknowledged with a nod

       “Please call me Mia” I insisted

       “Sure Mia”

       We walked down to the kitchen. It had an immense counter situated in the center. The walls were fitted with cream paint. I started making breakfast. Cereal for Lee and pancakes for myself. I offered Marco some of my pancakes and he accepted.

       “So what does mommy’s baby want to do today?” I asked excitedly after finished having breakfast. Lee giggled.

     “Auntie Isabelle and grand-ma is coming over in a few minutes” I informed

      Lee giggled some more “Mama” He squealed. I’m so thrilled to see him smile, I hope it last forever. I will do anything in my power to protect him and his unborn sibling from their father.

Isabelle decided that she wants to start planning her wedding. She surprisingly wanted me to help as well.

          The doorbell of the mansion rang and I went to open it. “Hey guys” I greeted with a huge smile.

       Lee crept to Alessandra’s feet and she picked him up. “Hi Mia” Isabelle greeted.

    We all sat in the living room and started discussing the wedding. In the end Isabelle decided that she wanted blue and white as the theme.

      We went shopping afterwards, Isabelle couldn’t stop smiling after she found the perfect dress.

     We did a cake test but Isabelle is in-between decision on which to choose. Alessandra, Isabelle and I, even Lee, had a wonderful day today.

      It was almost seven in the evening when we finished.

     Alessandra decided that she is going to stay over and make dinner so Isabelle stayed too.

    Isabelle and I were in my room. Lee was also there but he was asleep. I decided to start a conversation.

    “How did you and Michael meet?” I inquired

      “We met in a breakfast diner, it was love at first sight. He wanted direction to a hotel he was suppose to stay at and I offered to help. We exchanged numbers and started dating a few months later” She blushed.

           “Sounds just like Jake and I” I said without thinking.

      “What was he like? You’re not obligated to answer if you’re not comfortable.

        A sad smile made its way to my face “He was great at first, he was actually my first love. We met at a diner. I bumped into him and messed up his expensive suit with coffee. Even though he had this bad boy personality, he was always so sweet to me. We exchanged numbers and texted each other for days until he finally asked me out on a date. We started going out for almost a year, when my parents told me that they wanted me to stop seeing him and marry some guy they chose for me. I was so angry that the same day I packed some clothes and went to Jake’s house. I told him what happened and he said that he was going through something too. Something about his father giving the family business to his younger brother.

      Jake decided that we should run away and I agreed. I was twenty (20) when I got pregnant with Lee. It was little things at first, yelling and swear words. The worst part was when I found the gun.” I finished.

        “I’m sorry that you had to go through that.” Isabelle sympathized

       “It wasn’t your fault.”

        “It’s was his and I’m going to kill him.” We heard Leonardo’s voice boomed. Isabelle and I froze.